Free Filters!

spydermonkey

2[H]4U
Well, every month when we pay our rent, we're givin an a/c filter. When throwing one out, I figured, "Hey. This would make a good fan filter." So I used it. Thought I'd share my pics.

Before I bought my foam filters I would make use of used dryer sheets, works great and very little airflow restriction.

You know what I really like to use for fan filters - window ac foam filters. They come in huge sheets that you can cut to size and they make perfect filters. Not very restrictive, yet they catch a lot of dust. Just buy a pack at the hardware store for a couple bucks and it'll last you through several builds(assuming you don't lose it in between as I always do :D ).

Hell, I just take an old fan grill, clip out the insides to leave only the bolt holes & the outter most ring, and stretch an old ladies stocking over it. No air-flow resistance, and fine enough that damn near no dust gets through at all

Sheldron said:
Hell, I just take an old fan grill, clip out the insides to leave only the bolt holes & the outter most ring, and stretch an old ladies stocking over it. No air-flow resistance, and fine enough that damn near no dust gets through at all

yeah but how do you buy those without getting a funny look?

Just say you're making a film that has bank robbing in it. Either that or just smile and say yeah, they're for me.

I think I'll try the AC filter, I have a couple of them sitting around.

Hayg3n said:
Just say you're making a film that has bank robbing in it. Either that or just smile and say yeah, they're for me.

I think I'll try the AC filter, I have a couple of them sitting around.

I already bought President masks for that.

Hayg3n said:
Ahh, but the real question is. Will they know that?

Yes because I'll be wearing the masks when I rob them to get the panty hose so that I don't feel humiliated.

NKDietrich said:

Dress up like a woman before you buy them. Whether or not you convince the clerk, there will be no question what they're for.

NKDietrich said:
Girlfriend, fiancee, wife...and who says you have to buy it? Just ask for their old ones with runs.

Sheldron said:

i like that idea, i might have to try. *sends gf out to buy more stockings*

NKDietrich said:

Don't even need to buy them. If you go to a department store or someplace that sells men's and women's shoes, they oftentimes have little stocking "footies" to use for trying on shoes when you don't have socks on (i.e. ladies pumps w/o stockings, etc.) At the Mervyn's I used to work at there was always a box or two of them at the register in the shoe dept. You could just walk up and grab one or even several. They're about the right size, so no need to cut the toes out, or whatever, they're free, and there's no shame in grabbing a few, since you wore sandals into the place in the first place!

Dew said:
Before I bought my foam filters I would make use of used dryer sheets, works great and very little airflow restriction.

Plus it makes your room smell nice... :p

Here's what I've actually done......while shoe shopping with the wife I noticed in the shoe store they had a couple of boxes of footie pantyhose, the disposable kind they give you for trying on a pair of shoes.....well I just grabbed a handful and shoved them in the wife's purse. They work great and are the perfect size. Got a weird look from the wife though.....I just gave her the nevermind look.

Back