Free Game: Jets 'n' Guns Gold - June 21st only

http://game.giveawayoftheday.com/gunsnjets-gold/

Description:

Jets’n'Guns GOLD is a heavy piece of ground shaking rock blasting action with graphics and special effects that will blow you eyes out!

Enjoy yourself in almost-insane action adventure of saving the universe from the deadly threat of more than 270 unique monsters in the campaign of 43 levels.

Stand as one-against-many armed with tons of different weapons of a devastating armament fitted into one of the awesome spaceships.

I'm downloading it now, I'll try it out, it has favorable reviews.

The page says you have to download and install it in the next 13-odd hours as of right now. Does it do some kind of online activation?

The page says you have to download and install it in the next 13-odd hours as of right now. Does it do some kind of online activation?

Yup, thats how every single one of the free software deals works from that site, which is why I've yet to bother.

Thanks. Too bad download is so slow.
I didn't notice since I'm downloading OpenSuse 11 at the same time. The game is finished and should play on this awesome X3100 integrated video.

edit: the activation isn't bad and it plays on Vista x64. woot!

I didn't notice since I'm downloading OpenSuse 11 at the same time. The game is finished and should play on this awesome X3100 integrated video.

edit: the activation isn't bad and it plays on Vista x64. woot!

What was your download speed? I'm getting 16-20 KBps. Only 58 minutes left!

Unfortunately no gamepad support (well at least the xbox360 controller :( ). The keyboard controls kind of blow.

What was your download speed? I'm getting 16-20 KBps. Only 58 minutes left!
It took about 45 minutes while downloading a second file. Probably in the low- to mid-20KB/s range.

LurkerLito: the mouse works too.

I've grabbed this but I have a question. What happens if you format your computer or uninstall the game for whatever reason, does the window of activation end after today or can you reinstall at your own leisure without issues somewhere down the road?

Yay, done. Activation is very quick and simple. Game runs on my X31 which has a Radeon 7000 and plays on highest smoothly. Looks like a keeper.

I've grabbed this but I have a question. What happens if you format your computer or uninstall the game for whatever reason, does the window of activation end after today or can you reinstall at your own leisure without issues somewhere down the road?

good question, was thinkin that as well
Its worth the download! Love the old school side scrollers lol
and yes the music is sweet

good question, was thinkin that as well
Its worth the download! Love the old school side scrollers lol
and yes the music is sweet

"Jets’n'Guns GOLD is available as a Giveaway of the day! You have 3 hours 16 minutes to download and install it."

Has to be installed before the giveaway ends.

This giveaway site is worth checking, especially for us who only reinstall about once a year. I also wonder if one can simply install the game during the giveaway then when it is reinstall time, back up the game's directory then paste it back when the OS is installed...

It disappears at that point. You also can't keep the install file to install later. I was DL'ng everything they had for a while, and went back to install a couple and I was disappointed. Keep an eye on the main site for some useful stuff on occasion (burning programs, utilities, etc).

It was going 15 to 35 KB/s for me. was gonna take almost an hour.
I cancelled, and added the download via the DownThemAll download manager in FireFox, and set it to split each file into up to 10 chunks/pieces.
It's been going for 2 minutes now at 500 KB/s.
So it seems that the site limits the download speed to really low for each individual download request.
1 minute left on the download =)

yea 256kbps is my max and that was my dl rate. Thx so much op. This site is going under my favs :)

I created a similar thread in the Free Stuff sub-forum w/o checking here. Technically, it belongs there and the 2 threads should be merged.

I installed it on 3 systems before it expired last night. :D

Someone said in my Free Stuff thread that the game is unofficially transportable to other computers. :cool:

Back