Free Opera browser registration! Click here!

Tengis

Supreme [H]ardness
Download.com Opera download, this is where the deal is

For one day only, you can get an ad-free version of Opera. Simply e-mail [email protected] to obtain a registration code. This offer is valid from 12 a.m. Tuesday, August 30 to 12 a.m. Wednesday, August 31 2005 (PDT).

This browser, well... is awesome. Being that all the pansies scream about how you have to pay for it to get the ads to go away... stop screaming! Its free! Get a registration code... go go go go.

Is there any official info in this? Not that I don't trust you that they indeed give away their browser, but I am just curious whether there is some real info on it somewhere?

Other than that, and not threadcrapping cause I did send in my email to get a free version, I never understood why people would be inclined to pay for a stand-alone browser. I think that business model did Netscape in.

phff. Firefox has adblock and thats 90% of the reason why i use the browser.

mtbaird said:
phff. Firefox has adblock and thats 90% of the reason why i use the browser.

Opera > Firefox

The popup blocker is like... 1% of why anyone should use a different browser than IE.

Opera has an awesome built in mail client
A very nice little "sidebar" built in that I have grown to love over time
The tabs
Magic wand
Easily customizable interface (remove/add stuff you dont/do want)
Skinable interface (although most of the skins kind of suck)
Mouse gestures
Much much better cache system then IE or Firefox IMO (it seems to be alot faster and more efficient)
Transfer manager is awesome
If Opera is to ever close because of a computer or program crash, the way you can return to what you were doing is really nice

Opera is sexy... if Opera was free with no ads then it would probably be ALOT more popular.

Edit- nothing in my email either... check the Slickdeals.net message board? Im going to bed or Ide do it myself.

can't you get all those things through extensions with firefox?

and adblock is more than pop-ups it blocks built in ads on the page

anthrex said:
can't you get all those things through extensions with firefox?

and adblock is more than pop-ups it blocks built in ads on the page

haha, I dont give a flying ball sack about an add on a page... thats retarded. Pop ups are the only annoying ones.

You probably could get some of that with extensions, it doesnt mean that the extensions implementation is good just because it can apparently "do the same thing" though. If there are extensions, then they are clearly copying off of Opera.

tommo said:

PDT? It wouldnt be on Download.com if you dont get it for free... Im assuming that since its not instant that they will send out the serial at the end of the day today or something.

IE with Google Bar is all you need. Tabbed browsing sucks imho, at least I hate it, and I tried to love it. So what if every IE instance takes up 30MBs of RAM, I got 2GB to go around. FF is a nicely hacked-up browser, more power to those guys, but unless a browser renders cnn.com and all associated content (video etc), out of the box, I am not switching from IE.

Having said that, the Opera deal starts at 12am PDT Tuesday, which is in like an hour and 15 minutes, no confirmation emails before then. /nod

Tengis said:
haha, I dont give a flying ball sack about an add on a page... thats retarded. Pop ups are the only annoying ones.

You probably could get some of that with extensions, it doesnt mean that the extensions implementation is good just because it can apparently "do the same thing" though. If there are extensions, then they are clearly copying off of Opera.
I'm another one who enjoys ad-free browsing. I'm so glad I discovered AdBlock for Mozilla and Firefox. :cool:

Thuleman said:
IE with Google Bar is all you need. Tabbed browsing sucks imho, at least I hate it, and I tried to love it. So what if every IE instance takes up 30MBs of RAM, I got 2GB to go around. FF is a nicely hacked-up browser, more power to those guys, but unless a browser renders cnn.com and all associated content (video etc), out of the box, I am not switching from IE.

Having said that, the Opera deal starts at 12am PDT Tuesday, which is in like an hour and 15 minutes, no confirmation emails before then. /nod

LOL, PDT... gotcha... didnt notice. =)

beowulf7 said:
I'm another one who enjoys ad-free browsing. I'm so glad I discovered AdBlock for Mozilla and Firefox. :cool:

What is the point of blocking an ad? Isnt an ad just something to catch your eye and make you impulse buy it? Do you not have enough self control that you have to buy everything you see? I have never clicked on an ad on purpose, evar!

im waiting for for my registration code... i just sent them a blank email with the subject line "free registration code for Opera"

Tengis said:
What is the point of blocking an ad? Isnt an ad just something to catch your eye and make you impulse buy it? Do you not have enough self control that you have to buy everything you see? I have never clicked on an ad on purpose, evar!
Have you never seen badly-behaving bullshit Flash ads with loud-ass sounds, a miniscule (or non-existent) "close" button and 100% CPU usage? And no, switching to Opera or any other browser doesn't fix them, because Flash is a piece of shit yet is necessary for most normal web browsing.

What I don't get here is the age-old, immensely immature browser wars now applying to Opera and Firefox. Are you guys still in high school? LOL UR BROWSER SUXXXXXX OPERA 4 LYFE

tengis, do you work for opera?
lol. damn dude. its like you are a car salesman....

bleh, Ive used FF, I just dont like it. Ive been using Opera for like 2-3 years.

So... if you crusaders can take a break from your idiocy, has anybody actually received a registration code yet?

Tengis said:
The distraction of Flash ads is sometimes intolerable, at least to me. Also, I like how Adblock blocks those "Intellitext" sponsored links that are often underlined in green. While I'm sure an extension such as Adblock adds overhead, I haven't noticed the effects of such overhead.

That link worked like a charm, all they 'want' is your email address. Cool stuff, I'll give it a try. :)

Yeah, they're e-mail and Web servers must be getting slammed. I also got my code when I went through the Web site. I assume that each code is unique (they even gave a code for each popular OS). So I wonder if people will register multiple e-mail addresses to get multiple codes. :D

and it would appear you don't have to give a real email address. just put one in, hit submit or whatever, then the next page just pops up, with no immediate email in the account you put in.

beowulf7 said:
Yeah, they're e-mail and Web servers must be getting slammed. I also got my code when I went through the Web site. I assume that each code is unique (they even gave a code for each popular OS). So I wonder if people will register multiple e-mail addresses to get multiple codes. :D
Not that I would ever do that or anything *whistles innocently*

the link posted my Thuleman worked for me. Got my registration code instantly. Now i will have to see if this is worth replacing my browser (IE :D but it works and who cares if it has problems, plus with SP2 and the pop up blocker set to max, it works pretty well).

Tengis said:
Who cares about pop-ups and spam or telemarketers or door-to-door salesman? Do you not have enough self-control to say no to all of these temptations? Obviously we all do, but unsolicited ads on a page are just another annoyance on the internet that I can do without, get it?

I finally got my email from them. Whoever said it is probably right, they gotta be swamped.

I gotta say this though, and i LUV my FF. But wow....Opera seems so much nicer since the last time I used it. After some time going over the ins and outs, I may have to convert.

Back