Free swag from friend... free CPU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh_B

Supreme [H]ardness
...Guess what I just got for free...

PIII-S 1.4GHz.... sweet... Tualatin goodness, here I come.

Not to whore my junk, but I've got a Tyan Tomcat i815T for sale here.

And congrats, damned fine chip there. One of these days I'm going to resurrect my Abit ST6/Tualatin combo.

I thought SWAG = Stuff We All Get. .. hook us up! :D :D

seriously though. Congrats on the nice chip. I always thought the P3 was a rock solid workhorse CPU. Let us know if yours does anything "magical."

Josh_B said:
If I had a board to accomodate both... sure.
well, if you want one, shoot me a PM. i get them all the time :)

both of mine OC to 1.8ghz in dual mode, 100% stable.

BTW: whats s-spec? SL6BY oc's like a bandit

lithium726 said:
well, if you want one, shoot me a PM. i get them all the time :)

both of mine OC to 1.8ghz in dual mode, 100% stable.

BTW: whats s-spec? SL6BY oc's like a bandit

I will send you a PM... mine is a SL5XL :(

Josh_B said:
I will send you a PM... mine is a SL5XL :(
eh, no worries - all the tualatins clocked rather well, the SL6BY is just the tB1 stepping instead of the tA1 of all the other chips.

lithium726 said:
eh, no worries - all the tualatins clocked rather well, the SL6BY is just the tB1 stepping instead of the tA1 of all the other chips.

Does this mean any of the Tualatins you have won't be the right stepping to work together with my A1 'step'? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it normally a good thing to get both the same stepping CPUs?

Josh_B said:
Does this mean any of the Tualatins you have won't be the right stepping to work together with my A1 'step'? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it normally a good thing to get both the same stepping CPUs?
most of hte chips i get are SL5XL. at least the last two shipments have been, i dont get the BY's too often

lithium726 said:
most of hte chips i get are SL5XL. at least the last two shipments have been, i dont get the BY's too often

Forget my earlier PM... I think I may want the PIII 1.4-S after all ;)

Please recall:

The [H]ard|FORUM Rules

(16) No BUYING, TRADING, or SELLING anywhere with the exception of the For Sale / Trade forum. The FS/T forum has it's own set of specific rules. Please read their rules before posting in that forum. [H]ard|Forum is NOT RESPONSIBLE for any loss due to any sale or exchange of any item in the For Sale / Trade forum. Caveat Emptor!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back