Free USPS Flat Rate boxes

They give them to you for free at the post office anyway... You have to pay to mail them, so average deal at best if you ship the priority mail boxes through ups or fedex.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Neither have I...

Most older PC games are too big to fit well into the Small flat rate box, so... It requires a bit of box cutting... ;)

Just a heads up...

Anyone who has a stock pile of priority boxes might want to check them. USPS has done some changes and the older boxes no longer works.

Some of the smaller boxes now say "small flat rate" on it while the older (similar size) box doesn't say it. Because of that it doesn't apply to the flat rate fee like $4.99. Instead it will be consider a regular box and depending on the weight it would exceed the $4.99.

I had a few packages return to me because of these older boxes. USPS kinda screw me over a bit but oh well. Now I got like 2000 old priority boxes to burn.

These have always been free AFAIK.

Yep, only the priority mail and express mail though.

Sort of encourages you to spend a bit more to send priority if you want.

But for a lot of stuff I just use bubble-mailers... I got 25 6 x 10" for a few bucks on ebay and first class is $1-3 and gets there in less than a week.

I've ordered 100s of priority mail boxes. All are free, not just the flat rate. Also, you get free carrier pick up at your house for shipping stuff out. Great deal if you ask me. Prices are similar to UPS.

They give them to you for free at the post office anyway... You have to pay to mail them, so average deal at best if you ship the priority mail boxes through ups or fedex.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

you dont have to pay for them to mail them.

Dude about 7 years ago I ordered some stickers from there. They asked me how many do I want? I put 400. I meant 400 stickers, but they sent me 400 rolls of stickers. I got home from school and there was, no joke, 15 boxes of them in front of my house.

good stuff. i been getting free supplies for a long time now

their flat rate envelopes OWN.

Dude about 7 years ago I ordered some stickers from there. They asked me how many do I want? I put 400. I meant 400 stickers, but they sent me 400 rolls of stickers. I got home from school and there was, no joke, 15 boxes of them in front of my house.

Lol ya. I remember ordering a shit load from them. I made wallets...yep, USPS wallets.

Got 10 priority flat rate boxes last year for free, and they delivered for free. And I've been shipping priority since then. Can't beat 2-3 days for less than $5. (on most things)

Another little postal service freebie...

If you print your postage online, it isn't just cheaper.. They give you the DC for free. Usually ends up being like a buck or two cheaper to send packages when you print online

techie, it depends on the mobo. Normal ATX, yes, EATX, probably not. Some boxes are also too tall, so, check the dimensions first

I ordered 10 of each type of box for Priority Mail, 5 for express mail, and 5 rolls of stickers... they sent me those in CASE quantity x25 and x40... :(. I ended up bringing them all to a post office nearby where I was told they could use them, and that was that, but it was pretty shocking to see all that stuff just delivered, huge huge boxes of boxes and tape :eek: .

EDIT: This was several years ago.

Last edited:
My mother made a similiar mistake when she first opened her business 10-12 years ago and I think we finally got rid of the last of the boxes in the past six months.

Back