Free Vista Business / Office 2k7 pro (part deux)

Have you guys done the tax form? I'm a little nervous to send that out with my social security number on it. If I don't, is there any way to tell what I'll get? I'd rather get vista than office.

Im in IL and received mine today.
I noticed a few auctions are listed on ebay who are trying to sell this. i wonder if the term "resale" applies to us since it was given to us free. We'll see if theirs get pulled.

Nothing here so far in Missouri. It says right on the disk "Not for resale".

Im in IL and received mine today.
I noticed a few auctions are listed on ebay who are trying to sell this. i wonder if the term "resale" applies to us since it was given to us free. We'll see if theirs get pulled.

Yes, resale does apply to us with this copy. As for whether theirs will get pulled...I've seen many auctions in the past go through with NFR software, dunno how "on-it" eBay has been with those things of late though (haven't really kept an eye out), as with all things, YMMV.

In MN, haven't received my copy yet, but I never remember getting a confirmation email (though it may have gotten pushed to my empty-every-five-days-or-so spam folder), even though I see a "Congratulations" message on the PowerTogether site. I'll give it a few more days before I completely lose hope, though, since I am at college, and can't remember if I asked for it to be sent to me here or at home.

You can login again from their powertogether page (go into the offer page and on the left pannel you will see the passport sign in link). Once you signed in, click on mystuff link, that will tell you what address you used when signing up.

Yes, resale does apply to us with this copy. As for whether theirs will get pulled...I've seen many auctions in the past go through with NFR software, dunno how "on-it" eBay has been with those things of late though (haven't really kept an eye out), as with all things, YMMV.

If the disk says "Not for resale"... wouldn't that indicate the copy is OEM? Maybe I'm wrong...?

Anyone?

Well....I'm going back to Windows XP Pro.
I installed Vista today and my soundblaster live! 5.1 doesn't have full driver support / no bass and treble control; the sound is flat and horrible. My ATI TV Wonder Pro doesn't work well either.

Without quality sound and ATI TV, vista is useless. :mad:
The bad thing is that Creative doesn't want to support the 'old' SB Live! sound cards. :(

Got mine in yesterday also - on the east coast in South Carolina. :) Now just waiting on Office....

dang I missed this :( ......if your not going to use your copy of Vista, feel free to send it my way!;)

The bad thing is that Creative doesn't want to support the 'old' SB Live! sound cards. :(

Understandably so, their logic is most people have upgraded. Why don't you just get a cheap X-Fi? I'm pretty sure the prices on them have come down substantially.

Understandably so, their logic is most people have upgraded. Why don't you just get a cheap X-Fi? I'm pretty sure the prices on them have come down substantially.

What I don't get is that they still ship the Live! chipset as an OEM chipset for some PCs. There's a couple MSI boards that have that as the built-in sound. Shouldn't they be supporting that?

Nothing yet in RI... been waiting patiently. OK, not really patient. Passed on the Office for tax purposes. And seperate topic, to resurrect real low end systems, Google Docs is a good way to eliminate the overhead of an Office installation. Even OpenOffice is getting a little hungry on low end laptops... for unimportant docs like my daughters literature, Google docs is great.

The eagle has landed in Missouri. :) One thing though.....I finished watching the Office videos maybe 1 or 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything on it. Did you all receive your W-9 request through email? I know it's probably been answered before. Just wondering.

ill be looking to sell mine if anyones interested. I already have two ligit copies from MSDN.

Does it say anywhere that we can't sell it?

EDIT: I already see these packages popping up on ebay.

ill be looking to sell mine if anyones interested. I already have two ligit copies from MSDN.

Does it say anywhere that we can't sell it?

EDIT: I already see these packages popping up on ebay.

It says "Not for resale" right on the disk.

I expect to get my Vista DVD in the next day or two. Anyone try to install on RAID 0 on an NF4 got any tips? I am moving some stuff around and want to dual boot with XP

A friend of mine who opted for the vista got his today... so they should all be coming about now.

I haven't seen my office 2k7 yet :(

The envelopes reached upstate NY as of today since i am proud owner of my copy as well.

hoping they made it to nyc as well...my mail usually doesn't come until 2:30 though

Since I had mine sent to my office, I'm willing to bet it will come on Saturday.

My copy of Vista came in today. I live in central Florida, the furthest point from Washington. So everyone else keep your eyes open.

I have to check my work to see of Office arrived. Hooray for registering with two names and avoiding the taxes!

Mine came yesterday. I got it installed with my Office 2007 Pro from the Launch 2007 tour. Everything's working great and I couldn't be happier. Driver support is great for my high-end hardware. It was an easy transition.

w00t! I got mine! Too bad I have class tonight and won't be able to install it 'til later.

Quote:
Aren't they shipping you a CD-Key sticker for that and telling you to download it?

Dont think I've read that anywhere, should be a full install afaik.

Well, I went to the Vista/Office event in Secaucus today (told em I had to leave early to come teach my class when I got there and they gave me my CD immediately, didnt have to wait till the end at all, nice touch!) and the full Office Pro they give you for that event is a link to download and a full install key, so I suspect you are correct.

While I could use two full install media copies I'm wondering if I will have any issues installing using two keys if they need to attach to my home address or MS Passport account or something else stupid like that. If they do, will probably wind up selling one to a savvy friend since I cant expect my parents to figure out how to download a copy and keep the keys safe =)

Sam

can somebody tell me, is this version going to be difficult to install on a second computer, or the same computer after a mobo upgrade?

pittsburgh btw.

Back