Free Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V: Insider’s Guide to Microsoft’s Hypervisor Book

this is great. You should post it under HotDeals too. signed up, thank you. I just got back from IBM nSeries training in ATL (NetApp, rebranded).

I picked this up off SD too :) Building a new server so hopefully it will be useful!

this is great. You should post it under HotDeals too. signed up, thank you. I just got back from IBM nSeries training in ATL (NetApp, rebranded).

nahh don't do that, if too many people jump on this we might not get it;)

I can't wait until I get mine, I have a couple server 2008 licenses so hopefully I will be able to try hyper-v out

nice! Thanks for letting us know. I am actually in the middle of building a machine for Hyper-V testing.

Awesome! I have an ESX box at home, but will probably make my old workstation into a Hyper-V playground now. Thanks OP!

We apologize, but due to an overwhelming response we have exhausted our supply of the book "Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V: Insider’s Guide to Microsoft’s Hypervisor".

hopefully the people the signed up will get their copy.

We apologize, but due to an overwhelming response we have exhausted our supply of the book "Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V: Insider’s Guide to Microsoft’s Hypervisor".

hopefully the people the signed up will get their copy.

Lol, did they not figure this would happen? :p

AMD_Gamer...you got that e-mail? I would imagine you signed up before I did...and I got no such e-mail.

wtf?

"In reviewing the registrations we had to date, it came to our attention that our flyer offering the book “Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V: Insider’s Guide to Microsoft’s Hypervisor” was posted, without our knowledge or authorization, on the Internet. This resulted in registrations from individuals other than those to whom NetApp distributed the offer, thereby prompting us to close the registration site until we understood the scope of the unauthorized registrations. The book offer was distributed to and was only intended for individuals who attended one of the Microsoft New Efficiency Launch events. We are now reopening this registration site to allow individuals who attended one of the Microsoft New Efficiency Launch events to register and to receive a copy of the book while supplies last. If you did not attend one of the Microsoft New Efficiency Launch events, please note that you will not receive a copy of the book “Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V: Insider’s Guide to Microsoft’s Hypervisor.” We appreciate your interest in NetApp and apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. "

I am disappointed, I went to the event and requested a book and did not get one.

Ah well, I guess I can ask for my money back?

LOL look what i just got in the mail, anyone get theirs if they signed up before it closed?

hyperv.jpg

I did not get a book in the mail, but I did receive a pdf copy of the book through an email link from the publisher.

that's strange, i found this over at slickdeals before posting it here, you guys probably did not meet some kind of cutoff.

that's strange, i found this over at slickdeals before posting it here, you guys probably did not meet some kind of cutoff.

I signed up via a handout card that was given to me for attending an MS event.

I got an email with a link to the pdf of the book and that was it. I prefer a physical copy over pdf and I am definitely not going to waste the ink on printing it off

Back