Free X-10 "FireCracker" starter set ($5.90 s&H)

thanks, i wanted some more equipment from them, but didn't really want to pay much for it.

is there a link that shows what the four pieces are? from what i could find its a lamp module and uh, one other thing (power module?)

Deal is available to our Canadian buddies north of the border as well.

on that note, what is this thing exactly? :confused:

x10 has shitty advertising methods but i hear their products are good

thanks...but no thanks.

I've seen the spam in email and pop-ups they've done...no way I'm giving them my home or work address.

Originally posted by fowlrock
thanks...but no thanks.

I've seen the spam in email and pop-ups they've done...no way I'm giving them my home or work address.

I've ordered from them multiple times in the past - I don't get spam from them. They'd be extremely stupid to do that.

The firecracker serial module is useless, imo. You can't do any kind of automation from your computer with it. However, the other three items are KICKIN' RAD :D -- especially when you get a bunch of x10 wall plate switches to convert all the switches in your room :cool: Yeah, it rules, hardcore.

YES! I got one of these several years back when they offered them free. Might have been the first thing I ever ordered on the internet. :D I'm getting it again.

If it plugs into your computer then you can do just about whatever you want with it, including automation. Hell, I even had a web interface set up for mine at one point. It's just a matter of using the proper software.

-Pack Firecracker Automation System: Control your lights and appliances directly from your PC or wireless remote -- anywhere in your house!

Dim and control lighting without leaving the couch!
Or control lights & appliances directly from your computer!
Easy to Install! Total Satisfaction Guaranteed!

This thing says it can turn off lights and all sorts of stuff in your house, how does it work? Nevermind. Pretty sweet, ordered one. Thanks

Ordered one also. For the price of 2 slices of pizza and a soda its worth the sacrifice. Cant beat that.

Ive had x10 stuffs in my room for a couple years. I bought the $50 kit, worked good till i fryed the 2way transmitter (do NOT plug in a heaterfan :mad: ) i got the firecracker kit a while a go so now the home automation sucks but at least i have the remotes to turn lights on and off.

hmm 169 bux for that and a 3 camera combo sound to good. Whats with this one day sale? is it a scam or are the cameras really more than $49 each

Originally posted by humvee13
Ordered one also. For the price of 2 slices of pizza and a soda its worth the sacrifice. Cant beat that.

Little Caesars! $5 large 1 topping. At least that is how it is in the sunshine state.

heh, I had a sweet x10 system until it fell into disrepair
I had 5 webcams mounted around my computer and if they detected motion they sent a signal to some poorly written software to interface with the x10 system.
From there it would do a few things.
If I was in my chair (I tell it that I am) it would flash a light telling me that someone was sneaking up on me. (Paranoid)
If I wasn't in my chair it would turn on the overhead lights so I wouldn't trip all over the shit on the floor (too lazy to clean)

I put the wall switch modules everywhere.
I could turn on/off all the lights in my bedroom without getting out of bed. (Read: Lazy)
It was :cool: until a power surge fried my $250 or more in x10 stuff

Originally posted by sigmend
I had 5 webcams mounted around my computer and if they detected motion they sent a signal to some poorly written software to interface with the x10 system.
If I was in my chair (I tell it that I am) it would flash a light telling me that someone was sneaking up on me. (Paranoid)
If I wasn't in my chair it would turn on the overhead lights so I wouldn't trip all over the shit on the floor (too lazy to clean)

I could turn on/off all the lights in my bedroom without getting out of bed. (Read: Lazy)

[H]ard...

I've placed like 4 orders now, had one sent here to school, one sent home (figure my parents might like it), and then I realized that the first tiem I ordered my autofiller put my phone # in for my name on credit card, so I reordered that with the right info, and I just ordered another, seeing as the 6$ for shipping is way cheaper than buying more recievers if i want them. I hope there's no terms or small print that will void my eligibility for doing this. I'm geeked.:D

just got an email saying they shipped my order. i may try for another to see if i get it.

mnie shipped today.. i also had each of my 2 roommates order one as well.. so the house will end up with 3 kits..

mine just arrived, was looking at one of these before, and for the price of free, i ain't complaining

thanx

DAMN, buying one of these, hope the deal's still good by the time my paypal -> checking account goes through!!!!

Originally posted by UCFShadowWrecker
Little Caesars! $5 large 1 topping. At least that is how it is in the sunshine state.

Hehe - K Mart pizza = teh lose.

I can't seem to get the lamp module working. The receiver one works fine (though it doesn't seem to dim, only on and off) but the other one doesn't seem to be receiving any signals

this is hott...i m gonna get it in a few days...how longs the offer?

Originally posted by sigmend

LMAO!!!!.... agreed, it is [H]ard!!!!

by the way, what software did you use for the 5 webcam system thing?

Got mine on Saturday! two days shipped.. kind of neat hardware doesn't really do much however it does show potential of upgraded packages with computer scheduling... I might be building my own house soon and I may implement this into my new house...

I cant seem to find what actually comes in the kit. can someone tell me plz. TIA

you get a cheesy remote, the firecracker serial interface transceiver, a transceiver that can also act as a lamp module, and then a plain lamp module

Back