Freezone Eliminator sucks

0tolerance

Weaksauce
This thing blows or am i doing something wrong.

6600 overclocked to 3 ghz not to crazy and my full load temp is 55C. I had a Scythe Infinity and my full load was 50C. This thing is supposed to be great out of the box CPU cooler. Its louder then my Scythe System was and the temps are horrible. Its not hard to install i mean its so so simple and im no noob to Computers this is my first water cooling expericance but if this is what you get for allt he trouble then youc an keep it. What do you guys think? im nervous to leave it on iover night cause right now while im typing this im idle and im 50C.

HELP!!!!

You should've done better research; those things are clearly hit or miss.

The Coolit Systems devices don't use a res so the temps go up and down too much. I reviewed one of their Freezone units when they first came out and came to that conclusion and gave it a fairly poor, well deserved score....for some reason they didn't put my review at Avault on their site.

Not trying to be bitchy about it, but I think it's kind of obvious from the start that you can't give the cooling results they claim with an 80mm fan quietly. Quietly is the deal breaker; it'd be theoretically possible if they had an 80-mm Delta GFB and waaaaaaaay stronger TECs, but then you'd need a second PSU!

Thing is, if you ask people who've been using TECs for years (I am not one), they'll tell you that the CoolIT units don't have TECs even close to big enough to cool a modern overclocked CPU. They may give good temps with a smallish load, but they can't cut it when the voltages are cranked - at least not in a stable way. You might get nice temps when your CPU idles and the TECs can "catch up" to the heat load, but if you're pushing a lot of power out of your chip consistently, you won't see the temps that they advertise except when you boot up.

If you are really that unhappy with it, find a forum from a site that posted a glowing review of the thing and sell it on their FS/FT section. Then mourn your loss, and get some real WC gear. It'll hurt a little at first but the worst thing you can so is be too proud to help yourself.

If you don't really want to reinvest/rebuild, you might find a livable compromise if you back your voltage/speed down. The CoolIT is capable of giving reasonable temperatures if you're not overclocking much. Try backing off until you find stable temps you are happy with. Then decide if that's a system you can live with. If not, bite bite the bullet and follow the directions in the paragraph above.

I purchased a freezone about 3 months ago for use on a OC'd e6600.
I have it at 3.35ghz 1.4v with 12C idle and 26C load:D

I purchased a freezone about 3 months ago for use on a OC'd e6600.
I have it at 3.35ghz 1.4v with 12C idle and 26C load:D

If you were idling at 12c you'd have loads of condensation on the waterblock.

What are you measuring temperatures with :eek:

Back