Fresh New Build/ Need Advice

spyder_flex97

[H]ard|Gawd
I am looking to upgrade my current rig(see sig)...i want something that will compliment my sexy macbook pro

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Little bit of gaming/ web browsing
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
under $800
3) Where do you live?
NYC
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. Please be very specific.
Everything
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
I would like to use my current case(in my sig) but i will be running on air and my 30" lcd tv and maybe my psu?
6) Will you be overclocking?
N, i dont have time for that anymore
7) What size monitor do you have or plan to have?
30" syntax olevia
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
asap
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.

here is what im thinking of getting

CPU/ Motherboard - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 ASUS P5Q Pro combo $245

VGA - EVGA 896-P3-1260-AR GeForce GTX $219

RAM - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) $45

PSU - Antec NeoPower 650 Blue 650W $89

HDD - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB $70

DVD Burner - SAMSUNG Black SATA 22X DVD Burner $25

Total is $694

will this rig blow away my current rig?? let me know you suggestions...

Yeah, it will dust your current build by a longshot. Probably 8,846% performance increase. Hehe. Very good choices to on your selection of parts. Your Syntax Olevia 30" is most likely only 720P with a native res of 1280 x 768 or 1366 x 768.

Yeah, it will dust your current build by a longshot. Probably 8,846% performance increase. Hehe. Very good choices to on your selection of parts. Your Syntax Olevia 30" is most likely only 720P with a native res of 1280 x 768 or 1366 x 768.

thanx for the quick reply Hardware G..the olevia is around 5 yrs old, i got it from a black friday sale at microcenter,any suggestions on a case or should i stick with what i currently have?

BTW, is the Syntax Olevia lcd/tv the LT30HV model? If this is the case, you will be maxing every game at 1280 x 768 res! LoL

Are you primarily building this to connect it to that Syntax Olevia LCD/TV and be gaming on that? Will you be gaming on a LCD monitor also? The GTX 260 will be overkill for that low resolution. You can go with a cheaper 9800GT or Radeon HD 4850 for that LCD/TV. 1280 x 768 is a low resolution. If you want nice eye candy, need to step up with a 1080P lcd/tv. at 1920 x 1080 res, it will then better take advantage of a GTX 260 video card.

Are you primarily building this to connect it to that Syntax Olevia LCD/TV and be gaming on that? Will you be gaming on a LCD monitor also? The GTX 260 will be overkill for that low resolution. You can go with a cheaper 9800GT or Radeon HD 4850 for that LCD/TV. 1280 x 768 is a low resolution. If you want nice eye candy, need to step up with a 1080P lcd/tv. at 1920 x 1080 res, it will then better take advantage of a GTX 260 video card.

I am thinking about later upgrading to a 1080p samsung lcd/tv or the new 24" led apple cinema displays once the mini display port adapters come out;)

i went to order my parts today on newegg and everything went up in price...instead of paying $694 for everything, now it all totals $877:mad:

i went to order my parts today on newegg and everything went up in price...instead of paying $694 for everything, now it all totals $877:mad:

Well, when your list was made, it was during Black Friday/CyberMonday period of holiday deals. You didn't order it yet did you? We can still recommend parts...

no i havent ordered it yet, i was going to today but got upset when i saw the ~$200 price increase on the build...

snooze u looze :(

I built my opty165 rig 3yrs ago cuz monarchcomputers had some killer BF deals -- total savings of $300 from the previous week.

Wow... The RAM doubled in price! LOL! There's a DDR2-800 kit for $40. ;)

Back