kuyaglen

[H]F Junkie
Who: Intel Rigg
What: Sacramento Lan Party
When: 6:00pm Friday July 24 to 6:00pm Sunday July 26 link
Where: Intel Cafeteria @ 1900 Prairie City Road, Folsom, CA 95630 link
Why: For charity link
WWW: http://lanfest.intel.com/ Sacramento link

Cost: $30/$35 (3.0amp seat/3.6 amp seat) until July 20th after that cost goes up to $35 at the door.
(dunno about high power seats after July 20th)

Sounds cool since I currently live in Sac and grew up in Folsom. Has anyone been to one of these before? Was it a good time?

went for, um, summer 07 IIRC. Was fun.
QX9650 - me - QX9650. Draw my raffle right in between two of them. Was pissed.

As much I have issues with some of their policies (3.5 amps being a high powered seat for instance), they have always been fun and have gotten better. The last lan had 150 seats, and now this one is @ 240 seats.

I have been going to lan parties for a while and from my experience I can recommend this lan.

As much I have issues with some of their policies (3.5 amps being a high powered seat for instance), they have always been fun and have gotten better. The last lan had 150 seats, and now this one is @ 240 seats.

I have been going to lan parties for a while and from my experience I can recommend this lan.

Yea that was going to be my next question is what does one of the regular (3amp) seats run. Would my rig be ok with a Samsung 21" LCD? (specs in sig)

Yea that was going to be my next question is what does one of the regular (3amp) seats run. Would my rig be ok with a Samsung 21" LCD? (specs in sig)

$30 for 3.0 amps, $35 for 3.5 amps

My main system idles @~290W and draws ~425W when playing COD:WAW
ES Q6700
2x1024
2x2048
Intel DG33TL
9800GTX
1x300gig IDE 8200
1x1TB sata 7200
5x1TB sata WD Green
1x500gig External 7200
Gateway 24 FPD2485 (draws ~96w)

I'm gonna go probably to this. Newegg lanfests haven't happened in along time.

if there is nothing announced for the bay area this summer i might have to drive out to sac and go to this one.. went to the nvidia lan party event in oakland last year.. that was pretty sweet..

I got my ticket. (lewdogg21 on the map) and will be attending along with 17 people from our group (theaow.com) and the 420 crew above us.

Bring on the gas powered margarita machine!

Looks like 8 seats are open as of right now. AFAIK if you pay, select your seat, and show up you're in.
I moved to G15.

Damn, looks like fun. COD4 tourney sounds awesome. I will be in LA that weekend... damn.

I'm kind've LANed out and none of my friends signed up early enough to get in, so Im not going to attend.
To those are attending: have fun.

Awesome! I grew up in Folsom so it's so weird to hear about something like this going down in my hometown. Then again it is Intel so it would make sense they'd do it there.

Have fun to anyone going! It's too bad it's sold out.

It was good. Friday night check in was a nightmare. For whatever reason people couldn't get checked in until like 7pm. It may have been b/c Intel employees were still working but I realy don't know. We got in line at 10:20 and didn't get checked in until 11:35. Other than that it was good. I won a 80 GB SSD which was sweet.

Back