from india ,in search for components for power supply repair

megant

n00b
i am from india , i am not able to find power transistors and diodes for primary and secondary side psu in india at online , please tell me where to buy these components or others equivalents or substitutes for 450watt psu (zebronics) . c5027r , 13007-0706, 13007 -1012b

stpr1620ct - 7skwy , stps2045ct -7sabz , stps2045ctc - g417b
i kindly request you tell me where these other components can be found to repair these kind of appliances . thank you.

megant Please be careful when working on power supplies, i worry that your question makes me think you don't have a lot of experience in this. I hope I am mistaken but I have seen a lot of disasters from people just replacing a burned component without knowing why something blew first.

That said, octopart.com will provide you with authorized distributors for components and you should be able to then go to the referenced companies and find their Indian local distribution. Might even be able to do sample requests and not even have to pay for parts. If there is no stock you should be able to use the datasheet and compare to find a substitute as well.

Protip: beware of oddly inexpensive "new unused" parts. There's a whole economy around making fake parts.

I don't know how familiar you are with electronics in general, but should definitely set up a test environment (dummy, adjustable loads, meters, thermometers, fire extinguishers...) and thoroughly check the part's performance against its datasheet.

There are entire "businesses" operating in this sector - bunch of people sit around a big vat of hot tin, dunk the leads into it so it looks new and shiny, scrub the original markings, stamp on fake ones... TONS of fake parts everywhere.
Edited in: IIRC one way to tell a fake is to use acetone and try to rub off the markings - fake ones usually come right off. Don't quote me on that, I need to test that myself actually...

Some people post funny x-rays of huge electrolytic capacitors that turn out to just be casings for tiny shitty Chinesium capacitors.

Salvaging from junkyards is actually a viable route to get ahold of a bunch of "starter" parts. Real devices from real, legit companies typically don't have that many fakes inside.

Last edited:
megant I was able to find:
(c5027r) https://www.mouser.in/ProductDetail/onsemi-Fairchild/KSC5027OTU?qs=2V4k6Hs0nQk9VCKsIWmecw==
(stpr1620ct) https://www.mouser.in/ProductDetail/Diodes-Incorporated/STPR1620CTW?qs=Znm5pLBrcALdF8eQrJGaOw==
(stps2045ct) https://www.mouser.in/ProductDetail/STMicroelectronics/STPS2045CT?qs=JV7lzlMm3yLrphU260GCgg==

stpr1620ct - 7skwy , stps2045ct -7sabz , stps2045ctc - g417b
Basically, you need to search for just the first part of whatever is printed.
For example, stps2045ct and stps2045ctc are both on Mouser, and they share the same datasheet. So, it's probably the same part from an electronic standpoint.
Sometimes an additional letter at the end informs about what package (size, dimensions, pinout) it is.
That final "7skwy" or "7sabz" are usually manufacturer-specific codes, like which week of which year it was made in, etc.

It seems Mouser ships to India, you can also try some of the other big-name online stores, like Digikey, Newark...

Back