Frustrated: please help with wireless

Odie812

n00b
Hey all,

I have a 9300 with the Intel 2915 a/b/g card. I'm trying to connect the laptop to my home wireless router, a D-Link DI-624. I am able to connect to the router via wireless, and my taskbar says that I am connected with "excellent" signal. However, when I go to browse/AIM/do anything, I don't get any activity. The router is also hardwired to my desktop.

I have manually entered all IP and DNS information into both the laptop and the router, and still nothing. I also tried disabling WEP, but it did not help. I have the most recent firmware for the router.

What am I missing? Please help.

Odie :)

check in the router to ensure you have no wireless mac filtering going on that may be allowing u to get a signal but not pass traffic

Disable WEP and see if you can connect to the internet then. If so, you have the wrong key on your laptop.

Odie812 said:
I also tried disabling WEP, but it did not help.

Jinx_player said:
Disable WEP and see if you can connect to the internet then. If so, you have the wrong key on your laptop.

It actually helps to read the posts before replying, Jinx_player.

I got it working. To be honest, I'm not sure what I did. I sort of wiped everything in the ipconfig and started from scratch. I think software firewalls were playing badly too. In any case... nice and strong now

Thanks for the help all.

Back