Frustrated trying to buy Westinghouse 37in

computerpro3

LightningRod
It seems that there are NO good places to buy this thing for a decent price. I really can't spend more than 1200 for it and I would REALLY like to buy it at a B&M store. I spent an hour and a half on the phone and have called every Best Buy, Bernies, and Sams Club in the state. Bernies would do the $1200 price out the door, but no stock. NONE of them have it except Best Buy and they are being a dick about price matching (won't pm to same club because it's a club membership, never mind the fact that even with a membership fee it's still THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS lower then Best Buy's price). Don't they realize that they are losing so much more of my business than a simply $300 price match would have been? I will buy at Circuit City from know on purely out of spite.

Eventually I gave up on the B&M stores and decided to buy online. Guess what, every single retaler under or even a little over $1200 is either out of stock or has reseller ratings lower than your average whorehouse. All the positive ratings are obvious plants too. Either that, or the price of the monitor is $999 with $599 shipping.

This is really ridiculous, Westinghouse should seriously investigate getting better distribution channels. I may have to go another route simply because I can't find one for a decent price.

:mad:

Lots of people getting it from www.jr.com, they have it for less than $1200, haven't really heard a bad comment about them yet.

I was in a similar position but took a harder look at the 42" version, it's being delivered tomorrow for under $1400 shipped. Considering I was coming close to the mid 1300's with shipping on the 37" I went for it.

/edit I went to check prices before I posted my source and looked like an ass.. good thing I did they are $100 higher then when I bought on the 13th.

butterfly photo have it for $1011.00.i have one on 11/17/06 ups.nice display.the new connection have it for 1048.00. :cool:

im in the same jam as you. i called up jr.com yesterday actually and talked to a customer service rep. He said that they have an order out for another shipment and to keep checking on it. He also said the model is not discontinued and they will be definitely getitng more in. Im probably going to try to ride it out and wait for them to get it in stock. If they dont ill flip a coin between crutchfield (higher than avg pricing) and xpcgear ( i know that will be a mistake!). Oh well. only time will tell.

on another note. im also thinking of getting the 42". i heard though that the display isnt as crisp and its not as good looking as the 37". Reading the reviews on this site though, the 37w3 seems like the better quality monitor, but the 42 is easier to get and around the same pricing now. What do you guys think about the lvm 37w3 and the 42" version?

bestbuy is always doing a 15 or 20% off TV > 499 with the coupons i get in the mail.. i get them in the mail all the time..

if you can get a 20% off for BB then you'll be at your 1200$

i usually just throw them away as they come in, but i'll check and see if i have one sitting around..

Where do you live? I'm in Portland (Ore.) and there is a decent electronics supplier that i can buy from. Currently they are $977. They had 2 in stock.

BATMAN33 said:
butterfly photo have it for $1011.00.i have one on 11/17/06 ups.nice display.the new connection have it for 1048.00. :cool:

Both of those places have horrible ratings.

got my west lvm37w3 today 11/17/06 2.30pm ups.FROM NEW CONNECTION.nice everthing
looks very good.i will give them 5out5.1048.00 shipping 99.00.

why not wait till black friday and get the 42" from BB for $1000?

BATMAN33 said:
got my west lvm37w3 today 11/17/06 2.30pm ups.FROM NEW CONNECTION.nice everthing

first of all welcome to the forums

but i must say it seems suspicious that your only two posts are reccomending this monitor from this company. You registered just to say that?

Megglers said:
Where do you live? I'm in Portland (Ore.) and there is a decent electronics supplier that i can buy from. Currently they are $977. They had 2 in stock.
Is this publicly available or do you have special access through work/friend/etc? I live in Portland and am considering this monitor. I'll probably wait a month or two since I just stumbled across this thread and don't want to make a rush decision.

BATMAN33 said:

Haha yeah right, don't trust new connection, they're practically thieves. This guy is probably one of the scumbags that owns the "company".

5150joker u can kiss my a...s. l stay in dallas not ny.i got my lvm37w3 today
i dont give a d...m if you get one.you need to grow up.i was been nice.

DATAVISION COMPUTER VIDEO have west 37w3 1080p for 959.00
shipping 69.00or 2 days for 99.00

I dont trsut JR. If you search the pages of Head-Fi, a lot of the guys over there have had problems buying hi-fi audio gear (there was a big fiasco with them shipping empty boxes of Senn cans and then not taking them back).

I decided to hit up ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320050136198

$1048 out the door for a new sealed monitor. At first, ebay made me nervous, but their feedback checks out. They sell tons of expensive TV's, no complains about them being bum units or anything. I think I will do ok :D

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i ordered my westy 37" on the 1/11/06 and as im an international customers i had to pay via wire transfer. i sent the money on the 1/11/06 to the bank details they had given me,so tthen it was 9/11/06 and it took a whole week for my bank to tell me that the wire transfer could not be sent because the account name and account number did not match up! I stayed up until 2:30AM (in Australia) and called them to say that the bank details that i was given was wrong, the sales rep. told me again what the he thought the bank details were, which was the same as the fisrt wire transfer attempt, so i told him that, he says "i really can't help you out with this as there is noone here who works with the account" so he was hopeless. So what i did was i called up wachovia bank headquarters and talked to a customer service rep. and told her i have this account number from an online store which i don't know the proper account name of, she said she cant tell me the account name for security reasons, she could only verify if what i said it was, which meant i had to guess it. First go i guessed it "PC Universe" she said that's correct, so i thanked her and hung up. with out bothering to call PC Universe again i just filled out another wire transfer form with the details that were correct. next day order had been processed, :D !! but by this time it was out of stock at this etailer. :mad:

so after a few emails from me to PC Universe asking for an update on my order and them replying with ETA's that don't turn out (like with everything), the last email i received from them was on the 16th saying that the Westy's ETA (ETA for them to receive it) was 17/11/06. So after all this i hope it ships out very soon, its been nearly 20 days (almost 3 weeks)

to top it all off their FAQ now says that they don't offer international orders at this time, which i hope doesnt affect my order. (which has already had shipping costs calculated and paid for)

It's good to hear places are getting them back in stock :)

Anyways there's my little adventure. :p

Okay, I had ordered my westy on Friday from J&R, but got a call from a coworker saying that Nebraska Furniture Mart had the 37W3's for $699. Just got back and it was true. If you live around Omaha or Kansas City... better get one quick. 1 per customer, sale goes through the 22nd or whenever they sell out!

bigmike1903 said:
Okay, I had ordered my westy on Friday from J&R, but got a call from a coworker saying that Nebraska Furniture Mart had the 37W3's for $699. Just got back and it was true. If you live around Omaha or Kansas City... better get one quick. 1 per customer, sale goes through the 22nd or whenever they sell out!

[H]oly Crap! They arent returns or refurbs are they?

im in Ct...if someone buys one and ships it to me I'll pay shipping plus $50 for your troubles

I thought it was hard to believe as well... but it's sitting in my living room now. I'll try and get pics tonight. Unfortunately, it is 1 per customer (plus a 1 hour drive away from my home) so I won't be able to pick up another one.

Also, this is brand new, not refub/open box.

You might be able to order one over the phone, not sure though. www.nfm.com

Megglers said:

YGPM

hamm3rhead said:
I called, they want $1229 for the LVM-37w3 and $1419 for the LVM-42w2 plus shipping.

Must have been instore only then. I just picked up yesterday @ 10:30 am for $699 + tax. Either it was B&M only or they already sold out.

bigmike1903 said:
Must have been instore only then. I just picked up yesterday @ 10:30 am for $699 + tax. Either it was B&M only or they already sold out.

Found out from a salesperson that Westinghouse shipped 100 LVM-37w3's to NFM to be sold at the price to get their name out there more. That's why it went so quick.

My local shopko is selling them for $799 out the door no tax this friday =) Ive gotta get up and be there by 5am but it will be worth it.

Back