Fry's - Assassin's Creed - 39$ both versions on Thursday

they still don't even have it listed on their site. Any word of this?

just called my frys in concord, ca they said its not in yet but will be later today and yes its going to be $39

Fremont, CA: went there @ lunch and they confirmed the price, but also said they wouldn't have them in-store until 6pm.

Went to Circuit City and asked them to match the price on the ad. They called to confirm that it was in-stock and Fry's didn't answer the phone (no surprise there to anyone who has ever shopped at a Fry's). The girl gave me the discount anyway.

Fremont, CA: went there @ lunch and they confirmed the price, but also said they wouldn't have them in-store until 6pm.

Went to Circuit City and asked them to match the price on the ad. They called to confirm that it was in-stock and Fry's didn't answer the phone (no surprise there to anyone who has ever shopped at a Fry's). The girl gave me the discount anyway.

F.W. Texas got CC to pricematch and used my gamerscard 10% discount card total was $38.97 OTD :D

Called the san jose/brokaw store and received the same information "Scheduled to arrive at 6PM today."

I'm going to be giving Arques or Hamilton a try later tonight. They better not sell out or something. :(

I can't find it online...does anyone have a link or an ad or something? (will BB price match it?)

Thanks,
BIGJ

All the Frys' in Houston received a grand total of 20 for the 360, which are all supposedly sold out. There were supposed to be a couple PS3 versions left.

Went to the Fry's in Roseville CA and they had it. They wouldn't sell it until 6:00pm so I showed up a few minutes early and they started passing them out at 6. Thanks op! Great deal for that game.

Neo

Honestly after the call at 3PM I gave up trying to run over there. The last few times when something was scheduled by a certain date/time it arrived the day after and sold out quickly.
To bad it stated Thursday as after tonight the ad will be bunk so rainchecks will not be possible tomorrow.

Edit:
I actually had a feeling they were using this as a doorbuster (ie already had them in stock but waited until 6PM). I was wondering who receives shipments at 6PM on new releases when other major vendors had them on tuesday. Oh well.

I was at the San Diego store earlier in the day and asked about it and they said they would be getting it later in the day around 5 PM.

I went back at around 5:30 with no games in sight. So I went up to the Software counter and asked. All sold out of the PS3 version but they still had 360 copies left. They gave me a little green paper with a number scribbled on it because they said that was how they kept track of their copies. Took the paper up to the register and got my game for $39.99 plus tax.

Arques, Hamilton and Brokaw in the south bay area were all sold out within ten minutes, there was a line of people waiting before 6:00PM. And they had about 40 copies for each platform. :( So I'm out of luck.

Yep. This is the first time I have seen Fry's pull a certain time to release products instead of the typical opening or midnight on new releases. If I recall the add it said Thursday by 6PM (which I guessed they were waiting on the shipment). What happened was Thursday@6PM. A little deceiving.
Oh well you win some, you loose some. I hope they don't make this a regular thing with new releases as it's a short drive away from my work and it's easier to go at lunch time to beat the crowds and commute.

Back