Frys B&M Gigabyte + ASUS AMD 780G Mobos on clearance $20AR - $70AR

Damn I wish that GA-78GM-S2H was available. All the stores around me are out. I have an extra 5000+ BE just sitting around would make an awesome HTPC with that board.

Will this board
Asus M3A78-CM AMD AM2+ Motherboard
work for blu-ray? I dont want to buy a separate GPU. All the other boards are sold out except for the $70. Thanks.

Will this board
work for blu-ray? I dont want to buy a separate GPU. All the other boards are sold out except for the $70. Thanks.

Yeah that will work fine. It doesn't have an HDMI output, but it does have DVI so you'll have to get a DVI->HDMI adapter if you want to run HDMI.

If you need a CPU, I'm selling my 5000+ BE for $45 shipped or $50 shipped w/ stock HSF from the PII 720BE. :D (shameless plug)

Will this board
work for blu-ray?

No. It's based on the 780V chipset which uses the HD 3100 GPU which does not have UVD, the feature that allows the onboard video to offload the decoding of HD content. So that motherboard is not suitable for Blu-ray content without a seperate GPU capable of HD decoding or a very high-end AMD quad-core CPU.

Ah that's too bad! I think I will just wait for another deal, do not feel like having too run a cable for video and another one for audio. Thanks.

Ah that's too bad! I think I will just wait for another deal, do not feel like having too run a cable for video and another one for audio. Thanks.

If your TV has HDMI support, just about any of the HD4xxx series video cards (from the HD4350 to the HD4890) would be a good choice as they support audio via HDM as well as video

Yea I got a tv that has HDMI support but I was just going to buy that motherboard because it was cheap and I could build a HTPC immediately since I got plenty of parts laying around.

No. It's based on the 780V chipset which uses the HD 3100 GPU which does not have UVD, the feature that allows the onboard video to offload the decoding of HD content. So that motherboard is not suitable for Blu-ray content without a seperate GPU capable of HD decoding or a very high-end AMD quad-core CPU.

Ah, good catch. I just assumed it was the 780G like the others.

Back