Fry's Electroniics: Seagate PATA 400GB $99 Retail

I picked one up, amazing deal. It wasn't even advertised in store, all the price stickers said $229! :eek: .25 a gig!

I grabbed mine much earlier today. There were tons still left at 10:30am when i got there.

I'm walking around with two of them and the computer guy tells me limit 1. I smile and say, ok, I'll be back in 5 minutes after i purchase this one. ;)

It's one per a person and I had to have my girlfriend go back inside for me. I got a total of 3 today, awesome deal.

I picked up two - just had to go through line twice. Then picked up a Netgear SC101 - two hard drives immediately become network storage. $330 total (plus tax) for 800 gigs on the network. Can't be beat. Try comparing that to 800 gigs from Buffalo or Iomega...

If it were still going, I'd be tempted to spend another $330.

I actually saw that NAS too. But I've read reviews on it before and seen that it can have horrible write performance with large files. Totally kills the thought of it for me.

I know that the OP mentions 1 day only deal, but by any chance anyone of you know if this still happens?

dangit! I can't believe I missed out on this sweet deal.
That would make an excellent XBMC Hard Disk. *sigh*

n19htmare said:
1 Day only at Fry's. If you don't have one near by i guess your out of luck :(

Sales in the monday paper usually end Tuesday at close of business. And in the scan I saw I didn't see any thing to the contrary

renegade44e said:
Sales in the monday paper usually end Tuesday at close of business. And in the scan I saw I didn't see any thing to the contrary
Usually they do, however it was a one day Memorial Day sale.

I thought about making my way down to Fry's... went to Best Buy instead because it was closer. :-t

So it's all your's fualt that my online order when they were $129 the day before was canceled!1

dam you!

Mine arrived today, woohoo! Unfortunately I ordered about 2 hours too soon and got the $129 price instead of the $99. Still a good deal.

-pp

Back