FS: 1050W and 1600W Platinum PSUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oklahoma Wolf

PSU Warranty Voider
It's that time again, folks. I have another couple of jonnyGURU review samples I'm hoping to get rid of so I can get my February bills paid.

The units up for grabs this time are my Seasonic Snow Silent 1050W and my extra EVGA P2 1600W unit.

Both units have been thoroughly tested and confirmed to be in flawless working order. They are in new condition with only a few hours runtime on them, and come with full retail packaging. They are in cosmetically perfect condition. The Seasonic, having been apart, has had extra load testing at 80% load for 30 minutes after the review to make absolutely sure it works. The EVGA has never been apart, so it still theoretically has factory warranty. The Seasonic will come with my usual 90 day warranty, not that you'll need it.

Shipping will be Canada Post/USPS. Will ship anywhere in US or Canada, APO included, the cost is included in my asking price. Paypal only outside Canada, please. No gift/personal payments. Email money transfer preferred within Canada.

1. Seasonic Snow Silent 1050W

This unit is fully modular, single 12V at 87A. Quite possibly the most stable unit I have ever tested, managing 0.17% average load regulation in the hot box. It's actually testing out more efficient now than it did in the review after I took it apart. Nothing major found in the innards, but I did do some minor surgery on the AC line input board to keep it from pushing on the EMI shield.

Price: $130 USD shipped - KEEPING

2. EVGA P2 1600W

This is the second of the two samples used in my review. As noted, it has never been taken apart. It does exhibit that ripple interference issue the first one had, thus the lower than normal price. With regards to performance, in all major ways it performs exactly like the first unit did except it runs the 12V at slightly lower voltage (it's pretty well dead on at 12V where the other one was a bit higher). I've seriously thought about keeping this beast, but I need the cash more right now.

Never been apart, so I don't know how the insides look. I don't have time to get into it, and that would void the warranty.

The first unit I used in the review sold within a day before I could even post it here... I expect this will not last long.

Price: $250 USD shipped - SOLD to Dayaks

Pictures:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Oklawolf/Power Supplies/For Sale/DSC_6764.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Oklawolf/Power Supplies/For Sale/DSC_6765.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Oklawolf/Power Supplies/For Sale/DSC_6766.jpg

Heat

Last edited:
I did indeed get it, thanks. As you were the first to speak up for the 1600W, you get the first shot at it and I have now marked it sold :)

The warranty voider thing I specifically asked for when Ice Czar asked me to come over and help out as a PSU expert many moons ago. Comes from my 27 or so years of electronics repair experience.

Last edited:
Bump. The EVGA ships out this morning... one really awesome unit remaining.

That Seasonic managed 0.17% load regulation during hot testing for me.

None of the leaves are green, but the sky is blue and the sun's as warm as a baked potato. It's a shpedoinkle day for a shpedoinkle Seasonic power supply!

Bump.

Not going to lie, folks... I've been running an AX860i in the main rig for a few years now, but that case is a white Inwin GROne that would look fantastic with this Seasonic in it. Certainly better than the Corsair looks in there.

Might want to speak up soon if you want the Snow Silent. Can't promise my willpower's going to hold out much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back