FS: 4x 2tb Drives

WalkedAirplane

Limp Gawd
I've got a plethora of 2tb drives from a fileserver build that never came to fruition.

I have
3x BRAND NEW - WD20EARX drives.
These boxes were opened to check the drive revision, but never removed from the antistatic bag. All are never userd, obviously.
I MIGHT have the reciepts for these sitting around. They are all less than two months old. Should have full warranty still.

$120 shipped each
(Or take all 3 for $315 shipped)

1x REFURB - WD20EACS drive.
WD sent this back after I shipped them a 1TB drive that failed. This has also not been opened or used since I received this drive.
$80 shipped

Heat under Walked.

Or take all 4 for $330 shipped

lqtf1.jpg

Last edited:
No. It means the fileserver never got built!

I was simply curious as to whether or not these were slightly older (theyre not) drives that TLER could be enabled on. They arent TLER compatable, but this should be a problem for anyone that isnt looking to run RAID5 or RAID6 on server-grade hardware.

Then it depends on whether youre running hardware or software RAID5.

If its a hardware controller, this is probably not the right set of drives for you.
If it is software (ZFS, Windows RAID, etc) - word is these should be fine, though I havent even opened them, so I cant verify.

I ended up picking up another set of drives to user as the OS drive, and was going to let the OS handle RAID on these for data storage. But like I said, never got around to wrapping up the project because I'm horrible at followthrough and got a new job all at the same time and thus freetime = gone.

Just depends on your needs.

Back