FS: Apple iPod Classic 80GB (new in box)

doormat

Supreme [H]ardness
Apple iPod Classic 80GB Black MB147LL/A
New in box (the shrinkwrap hasn't been opened)

$225 + SH
Paypal non-cc

Pretty much. My sister got it, but she doesn't need it (she likes her nano much better). But no receipt = no return for electronics at most stores this year...

Pretty much. My sister got it, but she doesn't need it (she likes her nano much better). But no receipt = no return for electronics at most stores this year...

You can return it at Best Buy without a receipt for store credit (a gift card).

Possibly, but I'd rather have cash. If I cant manage to sell it then I'll go try BB...

Also, its entirely possible they wont take it. I read a few posts from other forums about people taking iPods back to the store, the store scans the serial number on the back of the box and refusing the return since it wasnt purchased there. Apple, putting S/Ns on the back of boxes, makes this very easy for retailers.

Nice deal but if the buyer of this needed some warranty done on it I doubt they could since They would need the receipt?
free bump
Nokia

Not that I know of. I take my MacBook into the Apple Store to have it serviced every 8 months or so and I never have to present my receipt. They just take out the battery and scan the serial number and then my info comes up on the screen. I've seen several folks come in for iPod problems when I'm in there and they don't get asked for receipts.

You can register the product, but the warranty doesn't change if you do (or don't). Do it online when you get the iPod so that its registered to you and they know who you are when they enter your S/N.

Back