FS: Asus LED and TN Monitors + Budget System (NYC Pickup Only)

Matrices

Supreme [H]ardness
PC

I've got a spare system that's just idling, connected to the HDTV, so I might as well give it to someone who can use it.

You can pick this up if you can drive to Astoria, Queens. Not worth the time or effort to part out.

Case: Antec P182

CPU: C2D E5200 (2.5 ghz) - mildly OC'd to 3ghz, didn't bother tinkering much with this system.

HD: 500GB SATA 7200 RPM

Motherboard: Asus P5QL - only about a year old

Video: EVGA GTX 260, 216-shader - mildly OC'd

Sound: Audigy 2

DVD-ROM

DVD-RW

Xigmatek Dark Knight CPU Cooler

RAM: 4GB OCZ RAM

PSU: OCZ Modstream 500W

Price - BIG PRICE DROP: $299. Can't really do any better than that for a complete budget rig at a budget price. If you buy, I'll throw in an extra Coolermaster RC-690 case for- PRICE DROP - $20.

Monitors

February2011x.JPG

In the last 2 months or so, I bought 3 Asus LCDs: the amazing LED-lit 27" VE278Q (best TN monitor, period) and a pair of 23.6" VE247H. I mounted these on top of my 30" for my second attempt at Eyefinity action, and loved the idea and implementation of using a larger center monitor this time around.

However, I'd rather have the money so I can move into a better apartment and most of the kinds of games I play aren't suited to Eyefinity, so I'm selling these.

Each monitor is like two months old and has the remainder of the three-year warranty. Not a single dead pixel between them. The 23.6" ones have slight bleeding on the top and bottom, like any other CCFL TN panel, but very minor. The 27" either has no backlight bleeding or it's so small I can't notice it.

I'll sell the 27" for $299 ($40 less than Newegg price) and the 24" ones for $159 each ($30 less than Newegg price). And at Newegg, you can't return the monitors if you lose the "does it have a dead pixel" lottery.

[27" on hold until May 1]

Lowball 'offers' like "can I have your practically brand new monitor for $100 off retail' will be ignored.
Cash, or PP payment in advance

Last edited:
I can take pictures after work today. Hardware of course works perfectly, case side panels are a bit scuffed up, as befits any 2-3 year old enthusiast's case. :)

As noted, I also have the excellent RC-690 case, which is in pretty good condition. I'd let it go for $20 for the person who buys the system.

bump. gotta remind myself to take pic of the system tonight. but, my heatware speaks for itself. :)

@ Matrices, I'll be in the city sometimes next week and will pm you for one of the monitor

bump OK which one? if you want to commit to one and pay for it I can put it on hold.

Back