FS: Boxed PC games, custom HTPC mod

Wampa

Limp Gawd
I got a notice in the mail a few days ago that my '89 300ZX is due for emissions testing by the end of next month. I need some quick money to buy parts for repairs, so I am selling most of my PC games and my DVD Player HTPC mod. I think all of the prices are reasonable, but if you have an offer, let me know. My ref's:

Email - [email protected]
AIM - EBWampa
eBay - du_alum
Heatware - Wampa

All of the thumbs can be clicked for much bigger and higher quality pictures, and I can always take specific pictures if requested.

The game CDs and cases are all in very good condition, and most have boxes with manuals (you can tell from the pictures). I have not registered any of these online, so the codes or whatever should be fine.

None of the prices include shipping, but I will ship the cheapest method (FedEx Ground, USPS Parcel Post, or UPS Ground) unless the buyer requests something specifically. The more games you buy, the more you save on shipping. If the buyer doesn't want the box, I can just send the CD and manual USPS Priority Mail (for faster and cheaper shipping).

1. 007: Nightfire

Perfect condition (small box), with manual and quick install guide.
Asking price: $7.50

2. Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2

Asking price: SOLD!

3. Freedom Force

Asking price: $10

4. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Covert Ops

Perfect condition (large box), with manual, 2-CDs.

5. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Gold Edition

Perfect condition (large box), 2-CDs (original, plus extra mission pack Eagle Watch) with manual for original game and mission pack.

6. Viper Racing

Perfect condition (large box), with manual and quick install guide.
Asking price: $5

7. Test Drive 5

Perfect condition (large box), with insert.

8. Driver

Perfect condition (large box).

9. Need For Speed: High Stakes

Perfect condition (large box), with manual.

10. Rampage: World Tour

The same as the arcade game. Perfect condition, CD and jewel case only.
Asking price: $3

11. The Sims

Perfect condition with manual and quick install guide (no box).

12. Black & White

Perfect condition (large box), with manual and quick install guide.
Asking price: $7.50

Here is the information on the DVD Player Mod copy/pasted from an older FS thread:

I am selling the DVD Player Mod that I worked on this spring and can be seen in the article I wrote for ExtensionTech.net here. This is a fully working computer with lots of custom work and modifications done to integrate seamlessly into a home theater setup. Before I continue, here are a few pictures (click the thumbs for full-size):

EPIA mini-ITX Motherboard
256MB DDR 2100 RAM
13GB Seagate 5400RPM HD
200W mATX PSU
CrystalFontz 632 USB LCD
Laptop DVD Drive
Dual 4" Red Cold Cathodes
60mm Aluminum Fan
X10 Remote / Receiver Setup
Various smaller hardware

Now, for starters, the motherboard and RAM are not included in the sale because they were sponsored items. What will happen when I talk to a serious buyer is that we will arrange the purchase of a VIA mini-ITX motherboard and separate RAM, and I will install it in the DVD Player Mod before shipping out. The price is also subject to change depending on any upgrades the buyer wants. For example, if the buyer wants a 200GB hard drive with the player instead of the 13GB Seagate, the Seagate price will be taken off the tally, and the 200GB price will be added on. The same goes for the RAM (if the buyer wants more / faster). Any upgrades for the sold mod I will install for no charge. I strongly prefer to make any hardware changes / upgrades myself because of the open power supply inside could zap someone who doesn't know their way around the mod like I do, and I'd prefer not to be liable for that sort of thing.

The hard drive will have to be wiped before I ship the mod, but I will include a CD with the package that has all of the necessary program installers / plug-ins that I used to make the mod a working HTPC, including my configuration settings for Girder, and my LCD settings. I will install an operating system and set up myHTPC / Girder / CrystalFontz Crystal Control if the buyer wants me to, but I won't install any other programs (because I spent so much time finding the mix that currently works).

I am asking $315 for the mod, which does not include a new motherboard and RAM. The total price will depend on if the buyer wants the player in its semi-barebone state (no mobo or RAM) or where the buyer wants me to purchase the motherboard and RAM from, and also if the buyer wants a larger hard drive, etc. It might sound a little confusing, so if you have any questions, offers, or want clarification about something, please PM, IM, or email me.

Bumps are very much appreciated! If you look, do me a favor and give it a bump (because threads drop off quickly on these forums).

Thanks.

Evening bump. Please remember that all prices are negotiable.

Afternoon bump.

No offers yet on any games or the HTPC, so feel free to shoot me an email or PM, or you can IM me as well. I am very flexible on pricing and shipping options as well.

Thanks for the bumps guys, hopefully someone will see the thread who is interested in buying something :).

Evening bump for you late-nighters.

Bump for the morning crowd, no offers on anything yet.

If price is the problem, let me know! I thought my prices were reasonable, but I guess I might be a bit biased. I need to move something to buy car parts, and I really thought the HTPC was going to sell (because the price right now is not that much above cost).

I used a rough calculator at the United States Postal Service site that listed the airmail parcel post and insurance total to be $31.25. Airmail parcel post arrives in 4-10 days according to the USPS. I am not sure how accurate or inaccurate the estimate is, but I'd say it is a decent gauge of what the price might be. If you'd like I can try to pack the HTPC up and get an exact measurement and weight for you.

Please be reasonable with your offers. It would most likely cost around $5 to ship any one of these boxed games, so I wouldn't be any closer to fixing my car if I sold a game for $5 shipped. $7.50 + shipping is a little more reasonable I think, if you feel a need to barter down the prices some more.

Rainbow Six: Covert Ops and Rainbow Six: Gold Edition have been sold. Interest has been expressed in Viper Racing, but no confirmation one way or the other yet. As always, feel free to PM / IM / email me any questions. Thanks.

This is a shameless bump, plus a little curiousity...That DVD player mod. What exactly can it do that normal DVD players can't?

With the right 'USER' it can probably do many things. Like run MS XP Media Center, or any plethora of custom media center applications, whether WIn or Linux based. Depending on if it is network attached, it could play all your mp3s from your Desktop or hell, just put in a 250 GB HD and store em there. HD video recording similar to TIVO. Display digital images, etc. Hell, what can't it do? Basically it's a tiny Stealth PC that would look more at home among your entertainment components than some other PC case.

Besides looking at home in your entertainment center, the cool factor is just plain through the roof on this well thought out and implemented 'Mod'...

If only I had 315 bones that weren't needed elsehwere....

Ankh

Well, it is more of a computer inside of a DVD player. It has way more functionality than just being able to play DVDs. I used myHTPC as a front-end, but there are other options out there. Within myHTPC, you can use the mod to view pictures on the hard drive, play audio files, and watch movies. Those are the features best suited for normal CRT TVs, so that is what I used it for. Because I integrated a remote control along with all of the buttons on the front panel, it fits right into a normal home theater setup; press the eject button on the front to eject the drive, put in an audio CD or a DVD, and it will automatically play it, and you can control what you are watching or hearing with the remote like any other device. The LCD can be programmed to do all kinds of stuff; I had it as a time / date clock when the HTPC was inactive, an equalizer (the little bars that move up and down in Winamp) when playing audio, and displaying the video title when playing movies. This way, all my friends never even knew it was a computer until I showed them. However, it could easily work as a web TV computer if someone had a high definition TV, or an LCD TV (I've tried it on both). The reason you can't use it as a web TV on normal CRT televisions is because the small text would be blurry, but it is nice and crisp on fancy and expensive TVs. While the built-in graphics aren't suited to gaming, surfing the internet and doing other tasks on an HDTV that don't require graphics muscle are easily doable, especially with a wireless keyboard and mouse.

Thanks for the good question, and the bump :)

Wampa,

I just wanted to let you know, I read through that walk through on extensiontech.net a couple of days ago. Great work bro.. I seriously wish I could pull this off. So well thought out and designed. I know who to annoy with PMs if I ever get enough scratch together to try something like this out. :D

Do you have any idea where to get that Mobo/CPU combo to replace the sponsored one and an idea of the price?

Thanks,

Ankh

Directron has a decent selection of Mini ITX boards to choose from. Fry's Electronics also apparently has them, although I have never been there. The price really varies depending on what features and processor speed you need. The prices at the Directron link above are typical of new suggested retail priced boards, but I have also been keeping my eye on eBay and seen a few deals there. Thanks for the compliments on the mod; it was a lot of fun to do :).

Ah, I see now.. I had read in that article that the mobo was unavailabe in the US at the time. I didn't actually do a search myself to take a look. My bad.

Ouch. I was trying to think of a way I could pull this off, but with adding another $150-225 for MB and RAM it just isn't feasable for me. :mad:

Anyway, GREAT JOB and best of luck with the car mate. I genuinely wish I could help ya out .

Ankh

Evening bump, Rainbow Six: Covert Ops and Rainbow Six: Gold Edition shipped USPS Priority Mail this afternoon.

jeez man, i can't believe this is still on the market. bump for you, hopefully i'll be getting a job here soon.

love that mod work, lol thats an area I have yet to venture into, lol Laptop upgrading and modding to an extent is as far as I go. I almost want it just to have it, thats an amazing piece of work. :D

Thanks for the compliments and bumps, I guess I just have to bump it up at the right time so the right person can find the thread :)

Both NFS games are currently pending, and Viper Racing is pending until I hear back from the interested party.

Afternoon bump, really need to get this HTPC sold! Senior year of high school starts Thursday and what kind of senior year is it without a cool ride :cool:.

Both Need For Speed games have been sold. No other offers currently pending at the moment.

The HTPC is still wide open for offers :).

Evening bump from page 9. If you know any sites, forums, or individuals who might have an interest in the HTPC, please link them to my thread or my contact information. I'd be willing to PayPal anyone who can refer a buyer $10, non-CC.

Morning bump from page 10.

$10 PayPal to anyone who refers someone that buys the HTPC.

Bump from page 7.

Now $15 to anyone who can refer a buyer that purchases the HTPC. School starts tomorrow, and I need to get my car up to spec.

As always, I appreciate any bumps, questions, comments, etc. Thanks.

Late night bump, reminder it is easy to get $15 for nothing if you know someone that will buy the HTPC.

Back