FS: Brand New OEM AMD K6-3+ (mobile, 1.6v, 85* max temp, <10watt), Asus P5A, 256 Cas2

charles555

Limp Gawd
All prices included shippinh in the continental US. I am kind of new here, but I'll take care of ya. I only have like 3 Heatware evals, but check my eBay feedback if you need references. Shipped from 94928

RED = sold
BLUE = Price or best offer

I just bought this chip on eBay, because I didn't think, and I had a Asus P5A sitting around. If you're not familiar, the P5A was a popular rock-solid Super Socket7 board. I bought it from an office where it was never tinkered with, and have only turned it on with a Pentium 166 to see if it works. The BIOS was flashed to the latest version so that my 45Gb Hard drive would boot, but it was too slow to use, so I thought I'd order a badass chip to max it out. Now I don't have room for it.

Super Socket 7 Sale

AMD K6-III+ ACZ - $47
(1.6v, 85 degrees maximum temp)
Overclocks easily on 2.1 volts or higher
Installed in Asus, below:

Used Asus P5A rev1.04 - $28
Supports ECC
up to 125Mhz Bus speed
1x-6.5x mulitplier

PC100 RAM
1x 128 Micron single sided Cas2 PC100 - $18
1x 128 Infineon double sided Cas2 PC100 (supposed to do 125Mhz) - $15
1x 128 ECC PC100 (decent chips, not that it matters for ECC) - $20

Contact Me:
AIM: LickorishBoy
Email: supernosher AT Gmail DOT com
non-free: dantech AT bmwtip DOT com

Well, it just depends on the chip, and what you're running it with. All of the K6-3+ chips were marked the same, some do 500 some do 650. It is manufactured on the .15u technology, and uses Power NOW! to adjust the power consumption when not in use.

The stamp doesn't mean much, this is a 256kb L2 @ full speed, 1.6v, 85 degree chip. It just all depends, which is why I stated what the Asus mobo maxes out at.

Thanks,
CT

They were not marked the same. There were 450s up to 550s (before OCing). I think there may even have been 400s, not sure about that though. Also, there were different steppings that ran on different voltages.

What are the markings on yours?

charles555 said:
Well, it just depends on the chip, and what you're running it with. All of the K6-3+ chips were marked the same, some do 500 some do 650.

Thanks,
CT

The one I used to have was plainly marked K6-III+ 450. It would overclock on my old Gigabyte GA-4AX motherboard to 550mhz on stock 2.0v. It easly ran over 600 with a slight voltage increase - 2.2v if I remember correctly. Anyway, I've had a couple of K6-II+ and one K6-III+ cpu's and every one of them were marked as such with the spped of the cpu as well.

charles555 said:
Are you talking about the ACZ that I included in the original post, and my sig?

Sorry, I have "view sigs" disabled, but ACZ was part of my question. Some days I just don't read everything :p So before I go and enable sigs, does your chip have a clock speed marked on it?

I donno, I JUST spent an hour perfectly spreading 10% Silver compound on it a couple days ago, so I'm not taking it apart and throwing away that small investment unless I sell it. I would just as easily buy a new case and keep it for an Internet box.

And like I said, it's the full speed 256k cache, enhanced instructions, and low power/heat dissipation that matter. Who cares what the cap says.

Back