FS-C77 vs CNPS 9700 NT

Endrithius

Limp Gawd
Hey guys. I am moving BACK to air cooling. Yes I know what your thinking....WHY?! Because I move my box around on my desk a bunch. I don't want to deal with a reservoir anymore, I don't want to deal with all the tubing, I don't want to worry about air bubbles. Ultimately I want a cleaner set up - and I am not willing to put all the effort into doing it with water cooling.

So, I am selling my water cooling and going back to air. At first I was super worried about sound, but the more I think about it - the more I realize that I game with a headset - not speakers. Hell I don't even use speakers on my pc anymore. So more than anything I am worried about cooling performance. I have an E6300 overclocked to 3.1 right now Orthos Stable at 10 hours - never tried any higher. My load temps are around 50 - 52C - idle around 36. I want something comparable if not better - the water cooling I am using isn't the BEST in the world so I know I can actually get better. I am not worried about the cooler fitting in the case it just needs to clear all of the objects on the board (i.e. pcb's ram ect). I have an EVGA 680i board. I am thinking about getting either an FS-C77 or a 9700 NT - because it has the 4 pin connector.

I have 2 main questions.

1. Which is going to have better performance?
2. What does the 4 pin connector actually do for me?

Let me know guys!

Thx;)

Back