FS: Can't afford a Matrix Orbital? Blue 2 x 24 LCDs for less than $50 shipped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerri Ann

Limp Gawd
heatware ebay feedback

Please read the FAQ at the bottm of this post before you ask questions! It is likely that your question has already been answered.

email or pm me with questions about the LCDs- KerriAnnCoulter at gmail dot com

Trades are always welcome- pm me!
2 x 24 character Blue Lcd Screens! $47 shipped
bluelcd5resized.jpg

It was very difficult to take a picture of the LCD... The backlighting is much more uniform and even than it appears in the photos. I had to leave the shutter open for an extended amount of time, so that's why it appears so bright at the edges.
These LCDs are controlled via the parallel port. I include everything you will need to install the LCD, and offer support through email if you need any help setting them up. I have sold about a dozen so far, and to the best of my knowledge, everyone is very happy with their LCD.
Here's a look at my case after installing the lcd-

The third image shows the PCI bracket with the parallel cable threaded through it. This is so that the opposite end of the cable can be routed to the inside of your case.

If you would like your LCD installed in a drive bay (as pictured above), you can simply send me your 5.25" drive bay cover, and I will install your LCD in it, then send it back to you. Alternatively, I can send you the LCD and you can install it where and how you like.

If you choose to have me install the LCD for you, it will cost an additional $3.

What can these screens do?
They can display just about any system stats you can think of. Fraps information, System and CPU temps, fan speeds, email info, disk usage, memory usage, and lots more. Or, you can simply type in what you want them to display. There are many different freeware applications available to use to control the lcds. The software you choose will help you configure the LCD how you like it. I include 3 different apps on CDRom- LCD Studio Designer, Crystal Control, and LCDSmartie.
Here are a few screenshots of the programs:
Crystal Control

LCDSmartie 5.3

LCD Studio Designer

Here is a list of some other forum members who are owners of LCDs made by myself, and their comments:

"Its great to know the status of my computer at a glance,I mounted my 4x20 in a frame and it sets on my desk , Its a great quality LCD for the price."
hstroud (from PcPer forums)

"i bought one of kerri ann's lcd's and it was awesome. when i got it everything was prewired, and easy to setup. All of the solder joints were covered in heatshrink, everything was done really professionally. I would highly reccomend a LCD from kerri ann to anyone interested in a LCD screen."
boardsportsrule (from PcPer and [H]forums)

[testimonial] Kerri Ann's LCD package is a top notch arrangement. Everything I needed to get started was included - mounting template, screws, software and set up instructions. The display itself was brand new, and Kerri Ann did a fantastic job of assembling all the components. I am very impressed with the quality of the package. [/testimonial]
olmanjenkins (from PcPer forums)

"Kerri's lcd's are perfect for the modder, The LCD itself is quality and super easy to set up. if you want a LCD, buy Kerri's!!"
Appatula (from [H]forums)

my personal thanks to those who have purchased from me

FAQ
Q: Can you make me an LCD that is red/green/white instead of blue?
A: I can make blue and green. I will have other colors available at some point though.

Q: Can I use a parallel to usb adapter with the LCD?
A: No.

Q: Can you make me a specific size LCD?
A: I have only 2 x 24 character LCDs at the moment. If you would like a different size LCD, contact me.

Q: Will they fit into a floppy drive bay?
A: No. the LCD itself is almost the exact same size as the face of a floppy drive. However, the pcb which is attached to the back of the lcd is little bit bigger.

If anyone has any further questions about the LCD screens, please feel free to ask me via pm or email.

i cannot get to your link, it's telling me "Kerri Ann, you do not have permission, blah blah blah..."

he post that before the rule change, dont be to hard n him ;)

Bump for cool LCD i may someday soon buy

whew! i am so relieved! i saw your name under "last post" and thought i was gonna get yelled at. :p

i didn't see anything i would be interested in in your thread, sorry... i have a good monitor and printer...
by "sell one alone", do you mean an lcd not installed in your drive bay? of course!

Since my case (Antec aria) does not have a 5.25" bay cover, If I was to send you the front panel of it would you be able to mount the LCD on it for me? LMK Im very interested.

Naldo said:
Since my case (Antec aria) does not have a 5.25" bay cover, If I was to send you the front panel of it would you be able to mount the LCD on it for me? LMK Im very interested.
yes, i would be more than willing to do that. i'm glad the antec aria is small... :p
you can let me know where you would want the lcd placed by marking the panel (with tape, not a marker). the lcd is almost the exact same size of a floppy drive. (which, btw, is not 3.5" wide... it's closer to 4".)

SN4p said:
is there any way that you can do different colored lcds?
right now, i can do 2 shades of blue, green, and also red. although, the red is much harder to do, and i will have to wait on some leds i ordered for the red...
what color did you have in mind?

liquidgeforce said:
how much?

the price is listed above. :) 47 shipped

XtuRmN8r said:
out of curiosity, is there any way this will display an equalizer?

LCD smartie has that feature, yes.

By the way, Kerri Ann, I have seen your LCDs before and it looks like you have a stellar product, I just wanted to congratulate you and wish you luck. If I saw this before I turned my Palm into an LCD, I totally would have bought one!

thanks schpanky.

yes, schpanky is absolutely right, LCDSmartie has one of the best bar graph equalizers i have seen yet.
LCDSmartie is now my favorite program for my lcd... it is constantly being updated and made better. the guy working on it (Chris Lansley) really knows what he's doing, he's done an awesome job with it. (it is now an open source project on sourceforge.net).

Kerri Ann said:
thanks schpanky.

yes, schpanky is absolutely right, LCDSmartie has one of the best bar graph equalizers i have seen yet.
LCDSmartie is now my favorite program for my lcd... it is constantly being updated and made better. the guy working on it (Chris Lansley) really knows what he's doing, he's done an awesome job with it. (it is now an open source project on sourcegorge.net).

No problem, good comments for a great person. LCDSmartie is a great problem, I currently have it running on my palm... here's a bit of demo to moisten your lips ;)
http://www.nerveLAN.com/downloads/videos/palm.avi

Now just imagine it with Kerri Ann's Sexy Blue and White LCD's... instant drool-worthiness!

How much would be the shipping north of the border (Canada)? (USPS if possible)

Also, what's the green like? More like lime green, aqua, or ?

Thanks! :p

give me your postal code jeece, and i'll let you know the shipping cost to canada.

the green color is a deeper green than lime green, but not quite aqua either. i will snap a couple pictures of a green one lit up, and post it here when i do.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back