FS: Classic and new-age hardware. Lots of free stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikecake

Gawd
Well, that took quite a bit longer than I thought. But I finally have some new stuff to add to the list. Don't everyone jump at once. :p Some of the new pictures are showing no thumbnail for me. I dunno what the problem is, but clicking on them does bring up the real pictures.

I just upgraded my primary computer to a P183, and therefore will have a slightly modified P180b case for sale in the near future, along with a few 250GB hard drives. Stay tuned for details.

------------------
Terms:

Any expensive items will be shipped insured. Unless otherwise noted, the prices I list do not include shipping. If you have a particular shipping method you prefer, let me know and I will use that. The final price of the item will be what is listed below along with whatever it costs me to ship. I will ship to USA and Canada. Local pickup is available, and recommended for the heavy stuff if you live near Madison, WI. If you want multiple items, the shipping can be combined, and it may be a bit cheaper. NOTE: prices that include shipping are shipping to the continental USA. I may be willing to ship other places, but please PM me for the total price.

Items that are listed as tested can be returned only if they are DOA. All other items are sold as is, and I do not accept returns.

I accept payment through PayPal. If you really can’t use PayPal, you can PM me to ask for an alternative, but please no money orders from your friend from Nigeria. :D If doing local pickup, payment must be in cash. Prices are negotiable, but please no low balls. If you think something is overpriced, let me know.

Since I have low feedback, I am willing to ship first for some items if you have high feedback. Please PM me to ask.

Items listed as pending have people interested in them, but are not paid for yet.

------------------

eBay :: heatware

------------------
The goods :D:

Motherboard, CPU, and Memory Combo

This was the heart of my secondary computer, but I decided I didn't need it anymore. This CPU (on a different motherboard) overclocked to just shy of 3GHZ on stock voltage (2.97 if I recall), so there may be some room to improve performance if you are so inclined. The motherboard has built in nVidia 6150 graphics. Nothing special, but it gets the job done if you are not gaming. This combo comes with everything seen in the pictures including the I/O shield and HSF, but no other cables. If I forgot an important part, please let me know and I will attempt to find it.

Price: $40 shipped (Pending)

------------------
USB to PCI/Firewire card

I got this card a while back to add USB2.0 and firewire to an older computer. It has two USB and two firewire on the back of the card, one USB and one Firewire plug on the top of the card, and two headers on the card. I don't remember what the headers are for, but they look like they would be for attaching to the front panel of a case or something. I will leave the detective work of ID'ing those headers to the lucky winner of this card. :D

Price: $10 shipped

------------------
Nexus NX-3000 300W PSU

Got this from a friend. I used this to test a P4, motherboard, and memory combo that I sold a while back, and it worked fine. Apparently, this was a pretty good silent PSU back in the day.

Price: $15 shipped

------------------
Canon PIXMA iP1800 Photo Inkjet Printer

Got this printer for free after rebate a while back, and I was not quite sure what to do with it. Already having a printer, I decided to leave it in the box. As such, the printer is totally new, and never used. The printer is free if you pay shipping. (Or really free if you live in Madison, WI) If you are interested, PM me your zip code, and I will get you a shipping quote. Please note: The shipping price will be between $12-17 depending on where you live.

Price: shipping

------------------
Case Badges

I don't use case badges, but it occurred to me that someone else might have a use for them.:) I wasn't sure if I should put these here or in the free section. I will include these for free if you get something else. If you just want one (or more) of these, the shipping price is $1.00.

• Sound Blaster X-Fi
  • Zalman (2X)
  • Seasonic

Price: $1 shipped
Or free with another purchase.

------------------

Free Section:

And now for everybody's favorite section: the free section! I have a bunch of old hardware that I have accumulated over the years. I would like to get rid of it, so it is free provided you pay shipping. Note: I have performed basic test on most of this stuff (see if it turns on, etc…) but I lack the hardware to test all of it. I can therefore not guarantee that this stuff will work. Think of it like online gambling (with much better odds) :D

Pictures can be provided on request.

Misc
  • Black PS2 Keyboard
  • (2X) Floppy Drives
  • DVD-ROM Drive
  • Answering Machine (Does anyone still use these? :p)

------------------
Sold (The graveyard of good deals :p)
  • eVga 8800 GTX
  • AMD Athlon X2 4400+
  • DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D
  • 2x1GB OCZ Gold PC4000
  • Zalman CNPS-9500
  • 2x1GB DDR2-5300 SODIMM
  • Apex MI-008 ITX Case
  • Netgear ReadyNAS NV+
  • Jetway J7F4K1G5D ITX Motherboard
  • Samsung HD501LJ 500GB SATA2 Hard Drives (3x)
  • Noctua NC-U6 Chipset Cooler
  • 1GB DDR2 DIMM
  • DMM
  • SATA/IDE PCI Card
  • Plextor PX-712A DVD Burner -- IDE
  • Maxtor 160GB PATA Hard Drive
  • Sound Blaster Live!
  • Vantec Nexus Fan Controller
  • Antec Overture II Case
  • Vise
  • Bose sound dock
  • Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music
  • Sony/Optiarc BC-5500A Slim IDE Blu-Ray drive (w/ Adapter)
  • Wintec 2x512MB PC3200 DDR Memory
  • Pentium 4 (Prescott) 3GHz
  • Asus P4P800SE Motherboard
  • GeForce FX5600 256MB
  • Transcend 8GB SATA SSD
  • CompUSA Storage and Print Server
  • 60GB IDE HDD
  • Lian-Li PC-A05 Black
  • 330W Seasonic PSU
  • Linksys USB Wireless Adapter

Free stuff taken:
  • AMD Opteron 64 Case Badge
  • AMD Athlon XP 2200+
  • (2X) Intel Pentium III Processor 500/512/100/2.0V
  • (2X) Intel Pentium III Processor 750/256/100/1.65V (Slot 1) – Passive Cooled
  • CD-R/RW Drive – IDE
  • DVD-ROM Drive – IDE
  • (3X) 128 MB PC133 SDRAM
  • (1X) 256 MB PC100 Registered SDRAM
  • 256 MB PC100 SDRAM
  • Abit BE6-II (Slot 1)
  • Diamond Viper 770 (TNT2) 16mb - AGP
  • Matrox Millennium G400 Dual Head 32mb - AGP
  • Diamond Monster3D 8mb (Voodoo 2) - PCI
  • Vellemen DVM-850BL Digital Multimeter
  • 128MB 800MHz RAMBUS (ECC) + 2x Continuity RIMMs
  • P4 HSF -- Used
  • Socket 939 HSF -- New
  • Nexus PHT-3600 P4 HSF

Last edited:
Wow, I got more PMs since I posted this than in the rest of my three years here combined. :p I have updated the original post to reflect parts that are spoken for. I will try to respond to all the PMs, but please note that I will be a bit slow replying sometimes as work is pretty busy these days, and I will be gone most of the weekend. Io those that I promised shipping quotes: I will try to get those today or tomorrow.

Oh, and bump! :D

BUMP for the DFI / Athlon X2 combo... nice price. If it weren't pending, I'd have snagged it. :p

(2X) Intel Pentium III Processor 750/256/100/1.65V (Slot 1) – Passive Cooled

I will take 1 or both of these... just LMK shipping costs. :)

BUMP for the DFI / Athlon X2 combo... nice price. If it weren't pending, I'd have snagged it. :p

I will take 1 or both of these... just LMK shipping costs. :)

waaaaaaaait, I want those :)

PMs replied to. Sorry for the slow response this weekend, I decided to have a life for a change. It won't happen again. ;)

Added some new items to the free and not free sections.

B-B-B-B-Bump.

More stuff shipped, OP updated to reflect availability. I am running out of free stuff! I guess I will need to dig around in some more boxes. ;)

Bumpz

....but there is no cake....like there was no spoon....

anyways...any details on the ITX mobo?

....but there is no cake....like there was no spoon....

anyways...any details on the ITX mobo?

Updated OP with info on ITX motherboard. It is currently in service as a pfSense router/firewall, but I plan to take it offline sometime soon, possibly this weekend. Has been working perfectly for that, but I am not a fan of pfSense, and am upgrading to a new router.

Yay it's Friday bump. New things coming this weekend, including more info on the ITX Motherboard.

Post snow storm bump. :(

Things added to free and not free sections. Approximate prices added to the coming soon section. Note: that ITX board is still in service as the router at our house. I have a replacement ready to go, but the board will not be available until the switchover happens. (Hopefully this week sometime when my roommates are away).

Forum resurrection bump! :D

Shipping added to most of the prices in the OP.

Last edited:
Bump for the dead-sexy RDRAM added to the free section. Yes, I was one of the suckers that thought it would be hot shit. :rolleyes:

Well, technically it WAS hot-shit... just too damn expensive :p

I held onto my 533FSB P4 ASUS motherboard till the very end. Where was all the FREE RDRAM back then?? lmao :p

(BUMP)

Well, technically it WAS hot-shit... just too damn expensive :p

Yeah, I saved up a bunch and built a computer when I went of to college. I think I had 256mb RDRAM in that thing. Man, UT99 on that with my geforce2 was awesome. Good times...

Bump for being old. :cool:

I guess my forum resurrection bump was a tad premature. ;) lets try this again...

risebj7.jpg

All items that were paid for have been sent. I removed the pending status from all the others. Have at it!

Back from my trip early. Our engine would not light, so we have to go back and redesign. :(

Bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back