FS: Corsair RM850 PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oklahoma Wolf

PSU Warranty Voider
Hello, everyone. I have another power supply up for grabs, again a jonnyGURU review sample. Bills need paying, and I'm hoping this will do it.

Today I'm offering my Corsair RM850 unit. Built by Chicony (Hipro), this is a fully modular 80 Plus Gold unit with a single 70.8A 12V rail. Comes with full retail packaging and is in flawless cosmetic condition.

As with all units I review, it came apart for pictures. I have used my considerable experience as a tech to look for issues upon re-assembly... I found none, other than the very small amount of fan bearing noise it had in the review. The unit has been load tested extensively after it went back together to insure working order. No problems at all... it'll hold up for years. But, in case it doesn't, I'll exchange it within 90 days.

Paypal only, please, in the US. CC payments are fine. No gift payments. Can do other payment options in Canada, where I am located. Will ship to US/Canada only, APO is ok. Shipping method will be Canada Post... they have yet to lose one on me since I started doing this in 2007.

Price: $110 USD shipped. - SOLD offsite.

Heatware
Picture

Last edited:
If you noticed his name is PSU WARRANTY VOIDER =) but he says he will Honor it for 90 days....

Since it was disassembled, is the warranty no longer valid?

Nope, thus the significant discount on a unit that has less than 4 hours of runtime on it ;)

As mentioned, any problems in 90 days and I'll replace it. It won't have any problems... after 26 years in electronics, I know how to make sure these stay working. I don't run power supplies in my own rigs I haven't had apart first... that way I can make sure they hold up rather than just trusting the factory.

Just a quick added note, folks - I've had three lowball offers today. Unless you're in Canada, don't expect too much of a slide on the price. It's going to cost me $30 to ship this ginormous box across the border, almost 2-3 times what it costs to stay in Canada.

Edit - price drop. Lowest I will go for sending it to the US.

Last edited:
For anyone wondering why it was disassembled - you've obviously read the OP's post. Reread it - he's a reviewer for jonnyguru. If you know anything about PSU's, you know it's pretty much the end-all be-all for PSU review sites. It's all they do. The OP knows what he's doing, so I wouldn't worry too much about the warranty.

(bump)

GLWS, I didn't know about JohnyGURU until new years when I went hunting for reviews on my PSU upgrade.

Great site, wonderful info and made me very confident with my EVGA supernova purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back