FS: Custom DVD Player HTPC Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wampa

Limp Gawd
PRICE DROP - I am asking $550 + shipping

This modification transformed an ordinary DVD player into a fully-working computer, and was featured in an article I wrote for ExtensionTech last year. It garnered a large amount of traffic and I received dozens of e-mails regarding the project. I have used the HTPC on and off for the past few months. I'm forced to sell it because my Passport 8500 X50 Blue ($350 radar detector) was stolen from my car in broad daylight two days ago, and my insurance won't cover it. To top that off, I'm going to college in a month, have car expenses, and unfortunately this mod is a luxury that I can't afford to keep.

Email - [email protected]
AIM - EBWampa
eBay - du_alum
Heatware - Wampa

Here is a page I put together that covers the details: DVD Mod for sale

Please read the above page and the article page, as those should cover the majority of questions. Feel free to ask questions or make comments in this thread; as always, bumps are appreciated.

dvd4.jpg

price? i belive one must be listed
btw sweet write up and job
very intrested pm me

"also laptop hd would be too sweet"

Price drop. All bumps greatly appreciated (posts drop so quickly in this forum)

Evening bumpage...

I am willing to PayPal $15 to anyone who can find a buyer for this mod; the only catch is that you can't 'find' yourself ;). So if you think you know anyone who would be a serious buyer and they end up buying the mod, I'll send you $15 via PayPal once their transaction is complete.

Morning bump, no offers across three forums so far. I'm more than happy to answer any questions or take additional pictures.

i would assume it had a CPU but I didn't see one listed, please let me know also does that mobo have extra PCI or AGP slots?

The motherboard is an EPIA MII-12000, which means it has their built-in C3 processor running at 1.2Ghz. The board is very built; CompactFlash slot (so you could boot from a CF card), PCMCIA slot (I used a laptop wireless card to give it wireless capabilities), RCA video out, S-Video out, LAN, USB 2.0, Firewire, etc. There is a PCI slot on the motherboard, but space is so tight in the case that there really isn't room for even a half-size PCI card, unless you have one of those flexible PCI-slot adapters, and even that would require some more modding. Here is the product page with the specifications.

As stated on the information page, the computer is fully running and operational.

Afternoon bump.

Still no offers or even contact from any potential buyers. For those who have looked but decided not to buy, could you give me an idea of anything you'd want different? I could look into installing, formatting, and fully configuring a new hard drive and adjust the price there, but I'm afraid a higher price could scare people away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back