FS: DFI T3eH8 X58 i7 motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy

[H] Custodian
No longer for sale. DFI finally came though and sent me a new board! Going to use it to build a second i7 rig after the holidays. Thanks for the interest!

Last edited:
can you tell me what power supply you were using with this board and how old the power supply was? The failure on the overclock may not be related to the board itself. I might be interested in picking this up and giving it a try. Are there any other failures on the board to mention? fan headers failures?, audio etc?

can you tell me what power supply you were using with this board and how old the power supply was? The failure on the overclock may not be related to the board itself. I might be interested in picking this up and giving it a try. Are there any other failures on the board to mention? fan headers failures?, audio etc?
Both a BFG EX1000 (less than a year old) & a Seasonic 600W (don't recall the model, 4 years old). No other failures, all fan headers work but I have not tried the add-in audio card. I expect it would work, as it has never been used before. All PCI/PCIe slots work, and last I checked all RAM slots work fine.

Willing to drop the price to $90 shipped, as I need the cash and no longer have any need for this motherboard!

Last edited:
At $90 that is a steal for a fully featured X58 board. I've been using the same board for two years and have had zero problems with it. Just out of curiosity were you able to take the cpu and other components to another system and get the same overclock? It seems strange that a board would work flawlessly at stock settings and fail when overclocked. Good luck with your sale.

At $90 that is a steal for a fully featured X58 board. I've been using the same board for two years and have had zero problems with it. Just out of curiosity were you able to take the cpu and other components to another system and get the same overclock? It seems strange that a board would work flawlessly at stock settings and fail when overclocked. Good luck with your sale.
Yep, was able to get to the same overclock with a slightly lower voltage on the ASUS Sabertooth. Same exact cpu/ram/psu/etc. Seems strange to me as well, I'm a fairly experienced tech and I have no idea what's going on with the board. Usually a board fails by not POSTing/SATA or IDE channels go out/PCIE slots die/etc, but this is the first board I've seen that just will not overclock worth a damn. Wish DFI support would respond to my emails and perhaps accept an RMA :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back