FS: Enterprise Hardware

Minsc

Weaksauce
We just completed an upgrade cycle on some of our datacenters, and I've got some enterprise-class hardware to sell. Obviously, this isn't the kind of a thing an individual buys, but if you work for a company looking for some used equipment in great condition, I'd rather sell it to one of you than some used equipment broker.

HP AlphaServer GS1280: It has four cell boards each with two EV7-series Alpha processors for a total of eight. Each cell board has 8GB of memory for a total of 32GB. It's currently licensed for Tru64 UNIX, and we have the license documentation. Price: $75,000.

HP StorageWorks EVA 5000 SAN: I have five of these. Each cabinet has 168 72GB fibre-channel drives (about 12TB raw storage). Price: $60,000 each.

I also have a number of HP Integrity Superdome parts from an upgrade last year if anyone has need for spares.

These prices are for reference, so if you are interested, please send me a PM and I can get you in touch with my procurement peeps to discuss the details. Serious inquiries only please.

Sure, I'll just store my isos on one of those SANs

Back