FS: EVGA GTX280 $400 shipped, opened but never used. Won't fit in my shuttle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahnvex

2[H]4U
it's killing me to do this, after all the trouble I went to with my step up (it's a long story) but this card simply doesn't fit in my case. Hell or high water, this sucker ain't fitting.

So up for grabs is one opened, but never used GTX280. All accessories included, never powered on. Full warranty through evga, and I haven't registered it yet, so you can do that.

I'm actually sorta pissed about the whole situation, it's been a huge inconvenience, but there was no way of knowing until I got it in my hands and tried.

Oh well, c'est la vie and all that horsecrap.

Asking $400 shipped to you. Priority, insured, and tracked. Shipped tomorrow (9/22) if anyone buys it tonight.

EDIT:

Duh - god it's one of those days.

work email - [email protected]
personal email - [email protected]

heatware 8 - 0 - 0 I do very little trading on forums, but theres a few around here who can vouch for me.

ebay - kahnvex 100%

pics in a second

sorry to hear that, try to do what this guy did..

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=890195

Oh, it's not that kind of won't fit (unfortunately). I've seen that before though, that's an awesome mod, and thank you for the supportive post.

My kind of "won't fit" has to do with ill advised placement of the 4 pin atx power connector on the motherboard.

It would require desoldering and moving the 4 pin connector. Thanks to shuttle for putting that power plug there, that was a great idea.

this guy had the same problem, don't sell
improvise

http://www.sudhian.com/index.php?/forums/viewthread/103642/

I did the exact same thing. the problem is that the bending of the pins makes them very VERY brittle. One or two re-installs or case revamps that put any pressure on those pins, and they will break. Mine did on the first time.

that when I got frustrated, but I may try again

OK, after re-reading the sudhian thread, he did one or two things a little differently, he has different pins than I did, so I'm going to give it a shot based on that.

thanks for the link!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back