FS: File server (RAID5, 1.6TB/1.45TB in windows)

eyedol

Gawd
Reference: Heat
Email: joel_pcnerd AT yahoo.com
AIM: dirtym3xi
Shipping: Shipping will be arranged. This sucker is heavy. Local pickup would be awesome. DFW area!!!
Payment: Paypal or money order
Trades: Only if you have a Conroe combo. =D

I originally paid around $2500 for this setup.

What you get:
Dual Athlon XP's modded to MP 2400+
1.5 GB ECC
MSI K7D Master L
80GB IDE OS drive
GF3 TI200 (wow I know, I have a gf4 4200 I'll throw in)
Intel PWLA8490MT 10/100/1000Mbps PCI Network Server Adapter
SUPERMICRO CSE-743T-650B Black 650W Redundant 3 External 5.25" Drive Bays
ZALMAN ZM-MFC1 Fan Controller Panel
LSI LOGIC LSI00005 PCI-X SATA Controller Card RAID 0/1/5/10/50
5 - Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3400832AS 400GB
LiteON DVD/CDRW Combo Drive

There's room for 3 more drives in the hot swap bays. You can configure it to have a hot spare in case a drive fails. It will automatically start rebuilding the array with the hot spare. More drives can be added to the array without having to rebuild.

It has served me very well. Only thing "wrong" is it doesn't seem to like rebooting, cold boots are best. I've never really tried to troubleshoot this since I usually turn it on when I need it and turn it off when I don't.

I'm looking for $1300USD.

I will require a few days to order a smaller drive if this sells.

I'm in dallas, was wondering if you'd consider parting with the case/drives? If so what's your price for local pickup? Also, about how big is the case as i'm thinking for fileserver/htpc

Sorry for the lack of a response. I didn't bother checking my thread when I didn't see a pm. Sorry about that.

I'm not really looking at parting anything because I would get stuck with hardware I don't need and it wouldn't be worth it for me to get rid of the drives and case because I would have to buy a hard drive to transfer everything to and in the end I wouldn't make enough to be worth it.

Thanks for the interest though.

Back