FS/FT: Alienware Area 51M M7700

kaltek

Limp Gawd
Well I picked this up off a friend of mine who had to pay some debt off asap. Honestly tho I am growing attached to it, but I have bill's to pay also. So I am trying to decide which laptop needs to go

Specs on the M7700
1680x1050 resolution No dead pixels (Glossy)
3.0GHz Pentium 4 (F30J) LGA775 Socket
ATI Radeon X800 256MB (M28)
2GB DDR2
Dual 60GB 7200Rpm drives In RAID 0 (definately will notice a preformance increase over single dive)
NEC DVD-RW
webcam 4 usb 2 FW basically everything you could possibly need on earth for ports.
Battery lasts 1hr 30minutes or so has been used 1nce.

This was the alienware mobile flagship for a long time and is still being churned out as of today. May not beat the pants off a nice core duo, but has no problem pulling its weight.

Pics up now
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Picture 6
Picture 7
Picture 8
Picture 9
Picture 10
Picture 11
Picture 12

Will come with Powerbrick, Alienware Backpack, MS XP home, raid software, floppy drive, and The laptop. In original alienware box

This is not a light laptop. If there was a boxingmatch for DTR's the M7700 would eat the XPS M1710 for breakfast (I am not mentioning preformance just sheer size) I would say if you took the parts out of the M7700 you could probably fit a M1710 inside it. (just to give you a size referance)

Only wear i'm seeing is right below the LCD inbetween the powerbutton area. I will try and get some pics up of that.

No overheating issues ever reported (I Just resat the CPU and GPU sinks with AS5 Ceramique and the dust has been completely removed with compressed air) It will however need to be well ventilated when in use. Just so you all know the warranty is NOT transferable

PRICE: since Ebay is a really poor judge for alienware's ($12,000 I wish) I will throw a ballpark $1900+ Shipping OBO I can take partial trades (no desktop's unless its powerful enough to partake in world domination of other system's) also I cant take 19 $100 dollar item's either. mostly looking for cash.

Heatware is kaltek657

Thanks

Either it is for sale or it isn't for sale; we do not allow interest checks.
I've removed possibly from your title; if you decide not to sell it, you should lock your own thread using the "thread tools" dropdown on the first post and choose "close thread".
PM me if you have any questions

VA

that seems like a pretty expsensive price for the specs. but its alienware so I dont know. free bump

BobTheBuilderr0x said:
Agreed.

Might want too check ebay prices again :)

its very complicated to pull acuate ebay listings some of the lower priced closing auctions are easliy spotted scams and i know it isnt going to bring 12k because i dont think there is a laptop worth that much, I am seeing closed listings that look legit (purchased by some1 with over 30 feedback and sold by some1 with about the same or more) and the avg was $1700-1900 ones that were in poor condition or had 1 hard drive or lower end screen was bringing $1500 or less. I am open to offers, I am also open to constructive critisim.
Tho I am well aware that dell sell's loaded e1705's for around $1200. And to that I will say that this is not a dell. If you want preformance that dell offers then go for it. IMO dell's lack certian key features that make them comparable to clevo which was the ODM o this laptop. And at least on the ebay market it seems I am not the only one that thinks that.

Back