FS: Fully Modular Highpower 1200W PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oklahoma Wolf

PSU Warranty Voider
Hello, folks. I'm looking to offload another couple of my jonnyGURU review power supplies.

First, my Highpower 1200W Astro GD is up for grabs. This thing is 80 Plus Gold, has a single 100A 12V rail, is fully modular, and is the best built Sirfa unit I have ever seen. It's no class leader in performance, as ripple was a little spiky at times and regulation wasn't the best I have ever seen, but it did very well in load testing regardless.

Note that this unit did have a little bit of an issue coming up to full loading on the standby rail from no power. This is likely due to the higher than usual capacity on that rail. It is extremely unlikely that you would encounter this in the real world, and impossible that it poses a danger to hardware even if you do max out the standby rail. It's technically a spike just a squidge over spec, but an extra 0.1V for a millisecond won't hurt anything. However, because of this issue I am pricing it cheaper than I otherwise would.

After re-assembly, it was extensively tested as usual on the load testers for about 40 minutes at 80% load. It has no issues, and works the way you see it in the review. I will guarantee it as usual for 90 days, but straight up wouldn't be selling it if I thought I would have to replace it for you. Note that the extremely high exhaust temps seen in the review do not pose a danger to the unit, but they will make the room you install this in rather warm. So, it's best if you keep ambient case temps below 40 degrees if you plan to run this thing wide open frequently.

Comes with full retail packaging. Cosmetically 10/10.

Second, my FSP Aurum PT 1200W is also up for grabs. This one is 80 Plus Platinum... most other specs are similar to the Highpower, only this one is Platinum efficiency and better performing.

No issues on the FSP during disassembly. I did straighten out that resistor mentioned in the review - it was driving my OCD batty. 90 day warranty from me just in case, but it did pass the post review stress test with no issues at all. Comes with full European retail packaging, plus the 14 gauge US power cord FSP sent with it so I could test it (it's APFC so will work anywhere).

10/10 cosmetically... this one didn't even have warranty stickers to remove, so it looks flawless.

Shipping - US or Canada only, APO included. Price includes the shipping, which will be expensive for me across the border. Keep this in mind.

Payment - Paypal only outside Canada. No gift transactions. Email money transfer preferred in Canada.

Highpower Price: $100 USD shipped. - SOLD to chevelle496
FSP Price: $150 USD shipped. - SOLD

Offers welcome, especially if you want them both.

Highpower Picture
FSP Picture
Heat

Last edited:
Price drop. So far there has been zero interest shown, so before too long I'll probably just keep it.

Yeah - pics in OP and the review. It's a 10 cosmetically. Looks like the new unit with 4 hours runtime that it is :)

Last bump before I add yet another 1200W fully modular unit to the thread. This time, Platinum efficiency.

Well, now that the FSP is gone maybe I can afford to do another price drop on that Highpower.

Folks, if you're worried about the heat issue on that beast, don't be... you have to push it really hard to get it to warm up like that. I'm talking about running it at full power at really high ambient temps. Remember, this unit has overtemp protection and is designed to take that kind of heat, but if you're worried about it consider it a 1kW unit instead. This price is still a heck of a deal for even that power level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back