FS: hp dv6000 15.4" laptop, needs repair -- cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

khanable

[H]F Junkie
Alright guys got a HP DV6000 laptop.

Right off the bat:
-needs a keyboard, since it is missing the ?/ key (~$13 shipped on ebay)
-needs a battery, though works just fine if it is plugged in (~$30 shipped on ebay)
-needs an LCD (~$70 shipped on ebay), or possibly (if you're crafty enough), it may just need a back light tube (dunno what those are worth).

Has Vista Home Premium key on the bottom, the drive will come zero'd out since I don't have the media to re-install. Also has the media center remote hidden inside one of the PCIlaptopdohicker slots.

Has a core 2 duo processor.. am unsure of of speed. I want to say 2.0ghz, but don't quote me on it! :p Has 1gb of ram, a 160gb hard drive, dvd burner.. etc.

The video out (VGA) works just fine, so it is not the graphics chip.

The screen basically has no back light, it is just very dark. I replaced the inverter as well as the LCD cables (hoping for a cheap fix) and that failed. Since the VGA works just fine, I can rule out the graphics chip and rule in the LCD for being at fault.

Overall it is in good shape. It was owned by a female friend who dumped it on me after she got an asus mini, so it could probably use a nice once-over cleaning :p

I want to move this thing cheap.. so $130 shipped takes it. If you have a LCD monitor, keyboard, and mouse, this would make a very quick and easy desktop setup.

LMK!

heat: khanable

laptop.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back