FS: HP Envy 15 (1080p, 5830m), ASUS Crosshair V AM3+ mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManyCowsMoo

Limp Gawd
eBay: ManyCowsMoo - 61 Positive feedback 100%
Heat: ManyCowsMoo - 18/0/0

HP Envy 15 - i5 2.4GHz / 4GB / 1080p / 5830m - $600 with shipping via USPS priority mail SOLD

I bought this back in March from another member here. I just upgraded to a SB-based laptop so I'm getting rid of this one. See the original listing here

It has some minor wear and tear including: light scratching on the bottom of the laptop and battery slice, front 2 rubber feet on the laptop have fallen off, and the bottom two rubber grommets on screen have fallen off. I carried it to campus and back in a cushioned backpack so aside from the above, it's in great condition. I dusted out the interior of the laptop with compressed air and got rid of all of the dust inside.

Here are the full specs:
Intel i5-520m (Upgraded)
1080p Matte Screen (Fantastic screen, also upgraded)
5830m (Scores around 8300 3dmark06 score - default clocks)
4 GB Ram
500 GB Seagate Momentus XT with 4 GB SSD hydrid HD
3 USBs + 1 eSata + SD card reader + HDMI
$200 Battery Slice (Upgrade)
AC Adapter
Toshiba External DVD-RW Drive ($60 value)

Note: I wiped the harddrive and haven't reinstalled windows. There's a legit Windows 7 Home Premium key right underneath the battery if you don't have a copy of it yourself. It doesn't come with the original box, but I'll put it into the box that came with my new laptop so it'll be secure for shipping.

RE5qA.jpg

GFSen.jpg

JTzMp.jpg

PM me with any questions or offers!

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
What kind of battey life do you get with the slice battery attached?

Edit: I looked into the battery life thing and found a review on it here

the Envy 15′s primary 6 cell battery gets you a little over 2 hours of light web surfing and document editing at the lowest display brightness setting. But turn the brightness up a little and do some real work (ie web surfing with occasional photo editing and multiple apps open), and average battery life goes down to less than 1 hour and 30 minutes. Adding on the secondary 8 cell battery life (a slim battery ‘slice’ that adds a “layer” directly below the notebook’s footprint) does extend those times quite a bit, to 5 hours of light use or 4 hours of medium workload

So looks like it's more like 1.5 hrs with regular usage with the regular battery and about 5 with the battery slice. The batteries are still in pretty good condition so those numbers sound about right.

Last edited:
From what I can tell, the clip is in two parts: the part that attaches to the actual PCIe slot, and the part that holds the card in. I tried super gluing it on, but no luck. If you have a spare clip (or even steal one of the other PCIe clips), I'm pretty sure you could pop the old one out and replace it. Either way, the slot works fine and a graphics card shouldn't pop out as long as you screw it into the case.

bump for you. I've always been interested in the Envy, too bad I don't need a laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back