FS: HP HDX 16 (X16T-1200) Notebook - Needs Screen

thebeephaha

2[H]4U
I have a pretty nice HP HDX 16 notebook. Straight up, it needs a new screen. I have already replaced the inverter with a new one. I can provide proof of purchase on the new inverter. What happens is that the screen goes blank after a few seconds, so it has a bad back light.

Physically it is about 6/10, mainly because several clips broke taking apart the screen bezel (the bezel still clips shut) and it does not have the original optical drive. There are some scuff marks but nothing like it has ever been dropped etc.

If you connect an HDMI monitor it works fine that way. I did a test install of Windows 8 Pro 64 and everything works flawlessly. All of the Windows 7 drivers work with Windows 8. If you buy this you can of course replace the screen or use it with an HDMI monitor.

The replacement screen is HERE for information. Screen will be about $100-$200 depending if it is new or used. The screen when it comes on is amazing, full 1920x1080 16" screen.

Full specs:

Core 2 Duo P7450 2.13GHz
4GB DDR2-6400
9600m GT 512MB
NO HARD DRIVE
SATA DVD-RW (pulled from a DV6 notebook and bezel sticks out 1/8" but fully functional)
Wireless N / Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
Genuine HP battery, around 2 hours
Genuine HP AC adapter
Windows Vista Ultimate COA

I have left the top screen bezel off for easy screen removal, and the hard drive caddy is removed as well. Screws are in a small baggy.

I will be shipping from 98007 Bellevue in WA. Local pickup is an option.

Asking price is $250 OBO. Paypal or cash only.
PICTURES HERE

heatware: thebeephaha

Don't bother to PM me this:
so.. for 260 at target you get i3 with hd screen and all. why yours so special the gfx card?

Either make an offer or move on.

Last edited:
Back