FS: HTPC w/HDMI and Linksys WRT300N wireless - Priced to MOVE!

Craptacular

Limp Gawd
For Sale: HTPC / Media Center with HDMI and Linksys WRT300N 802.11n Wireless Router

Everything Priced to MOVE!
My wife went on an insane Apple purchasing rampage, so you can reap the benefits. This stuff is priced to move quickly. Don't reply if you have any pricing issues, but feel free to PM me.

(pics OTW)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTPC / Media Center
An excellent HTPC setup I was sooooo proud of... until my wife's hatred of everything MS came to a boiling point (a Mac now sits in its place, since her need to be able to use the household HTPC without complaining about MS apparently outweighs my need to tweak and tinker).

It's a really good setup with a slick-looking case that blends right in with other Media components. The onboard HDMI is hassle free, allowing for video and audio to go through a single HDMI cable rather than having to use separate audio cables (hassle free if you use the latest audio driver at EVGA's website, anyway). Kicked the living crud out of our TiVo HD (which is WAY laggy) and provided a great central hub for video/audio/photo media needs.

Component Details (along with relative low price search results for reference):
  • Intel Retail-Box Core 2 Duo E6600 CPU 4MB cache ($249 at xPCGear, similar E6420 is $180 or similar but slower -2MB cache- E4600 is $120 at Newegg)
    Link to E6600 details at xPCGear

Throw on your tuner and MCE OS of choice and you're ready to go (this will include freshly formatted drives, but no OS installed since I was using one of my MS subscription licenses). I used XP MCE myself - and I did use a retail Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-850 HDTV USB tuner ($60 +$7 shipping at Newegg), but have moved it over as the secondary tuner on the Mac. Since most HTPC users seem picky about tuner choices, I figure you'll want to pick your own anyway. :)
I'll throw in the secondary EVGA NVTV tuner for free to make up for the absence. Link to the EVGA NVTV in an old TV tuner roundup review

Low Price Search Total: $723 shipped after rebates.

MY ANGER-THE-MAC-FANATIC-WIFE PRICE:
SOLD
(non-CC Paypal preferred - CC Paypal if you cover costs - lower 48 States only, thanks).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOLD- Linksys WRT300N 802.11n wireless router
Link to Linksys WRT300N wireless router product page

Yes, the wife even went off on this. Conviced I was using the evil Linksys non-Mac-like interface to throttle the bandwidth for her video iChat sessions with her out of state parents (guilty as charged, your honor :D ), she ordered an Airport Extreme.

This Linksys router is essentially in mint condition, and even still has the static-cling protective wrapping on it. My reign of QoS tyranny has come to an end (as has my status as the pants-wearer in the family, if this sale is any indication :eek: ), so this has to go. All the retail package / accessories are included.

References:
My Heatware Feedback (note: where did that latest one come from? I actually don't deserve the one from UmX, since I never traded with him - even though it is a positive review)
Ebay refs provided on request

-Potential Trade interest items: 780i Intel motherboard, 280 GTX -

Have any questions or issues? PM me. Otherwise, bumps appreciated - thanks for looking!

:)

I really would like to have this. Would you be interested in Crysis and newer PC games?

HTPC still available.

Upcoming: selling whatever EVGA sends back as an 8800 GTS replacement for RMAs.

Back