FS: Hyper X PC2 8500 Ram and Compaq C500 Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

techdude01

2[H]4U
1. Kingston Hyper X PC2 8500 Ram kit, 2x1GB. Model: KHX8500D2K2/2GR. SOLD.

2. Used Compaq presario C500 laptop for sale. Has heavy signs of usage, so please read carefully below and be sure to check out the photos. Only laptop unit and charger included.

Price: SOLD.

Quick Specs:

- Intel Celeron M 440 @ 1.86CHz CPU
- 1GB of RAM
- 80GB HDD (original drive, with factory restore partition)
- DVD/CD-RW Drive
- Wireless LAN
- 15" Widescreen
- Windows Vista Home Basic

Laptop works fine but again has heavy sign of use. Here is a list of what I see:

- Touchpad has heavy usage, and the silver paint or finish is rubbed off in the center.
- Very right hand corner of the base is chipped off, near right speaker
- Very left hand corner of the base has a crack
- Just scratches and paint wearing off on the laptop in various area such as the speakers.
- Occasionally overheats
- Battery needs to be replaced, does not hold charge for long
- Left monitor hinge is almost broken completely - but the screen still stays open in certain angles.
- CD-RW drive tray cover seems to be partially broken or does not stay flush when CD drive is closed

If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask. Photos are below, if you need any more photos of anything, please let me know. Laptop has been restored to factory settings with existing restore partition on the hard drive.. Click on thumbnails to enlarge photos.

Last edited:
I've repaired a few C300's. They make cheap hackintoshes. The hinges go out easily, but it's also an easy ~$10 fix. The computers did overheat and the fan was loud! Another easy fix as simply cleaning out the dust within the HSF made it behave like new (super quiet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back