FS: i5-4670K

I have an intel i5-4670K CPU that is sitting here unused that I would like to find a home for.

IMG_20140815_105633.jpg

IMG_20140815_105723.jpg

Interested in knowing why it has that gnarly white sticker on it? Keep reading, if not skip skip the rest. :D

I originally bought a 4670K to go with my (then) new ASRock Z87M Extreme 4 board. A few days in I noticed that my system was behaving erratically (at stock) and so I did the normal troubleshooting steps before thinking it was the board. I then purchased a GIGABYTE Z87MX-D3H and also had problems. The issues I had sounded similar to those experienced by users of GIGABYTE boards when all RAM slots are populated and so did not need to do much troubleshooting before writing the board off as being the culprit. Lastly (before moving on to ITX) I got an ASUS MAXIMUS VI GENE only to have the exact same problems as the ASRock.

At this point it became clear that the problem was the CPU, which was odd to me as I have never had a CPU go bad on me - to the point where I was unfamiliar with RMA protocol for such a thing. I contacted intel on 04/07/12 and was approved for an RMA the same day. Problem was that by this time (almost 4 months had gone by since I first got the 4670K) I was already moving towards ITX and so I decided to try one last time on a brand new ASUS MAXIMUS VI IMPACT. Needless to say that did not turn out any better.

In the first week of May I mailed out the 4670K but was told that the turn-around time would be about 7 to 10 working days. Not one to be without a good gaming PC I thought it would be best to buy another one at a local store and give this one to my friend as a birthday gift when it came in the mail. Well his birthday was in July and I was unable to ask him if he wanted it because he made it pretty clear he was not looking to upgrade his C2Q setup at that point. Flash forward to yesterday and he finally decided to put his Q6600 to rest. Before I could even ask him if he wanted this i5 he said he wanted (and got) an i7.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻​

So yeah. It has been sitting here since May and I have no reason to hang on to it any longer. The sticker you see was placed there from intel. The CPU came in brand new and sealed, complete with heatsink, manual, sticker and of course; the processor. It has the following information printed on the heat spreader:

INTEL CORE TM i5-4670K
SR14A 3.40GHZ
MALAY
L352B442 e4

The processor works. I have tested it myself so no need to worry that you will get a bunk CPU or one that is DOA.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Its an auction and he linked it in the first sentence of his post... Its at $11.50 right now.

Looks like someone dealt with Intel RMA, hence the sticker :)

Depending on your price people will still want to buy your CPU. I have used the new DC chips and they are not special in any way over the 4670k/4770k.

crap, just missed it! let me know if the bidder doesnt pay ;)

Back