FS: i7-920 combo (CPU/Mobo/6GB RAM/heatsink optional)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral Abyss

2[H]4U
Thanks to everyone for looking! All items have been sold. Closing Thread.

I'm selling my i7-920 (C0 stepping) along with motherboard and RAM. It is currently configured in the BIOS to run @ 3.8GHz (181MHz x 21) and has been used this way for gaming by me for a couple years without any errors or crashes. Let me just say it has been the most stable, overclocked platform I've ever used. My 10 hour gaming marathons on the weekends never missed a beat. I ran the CPU @ 1.425v (BIOS setting), actual voltage was a bit lower. The C0's needed more voltage than the later D0's did, so this voltage is not excessive.

You'll need good cooling to keep it stable if you plan to run 8 threads at 100% utilization @ 3.8GHz. It does get hot. If you're going to be gaming on it, an H50/60 or high end air (Thermalright TRUE or such) works fine. Otherwise, it'll run 3.6GHz without breaking a sweat.

Unfortunately I got the itch to upgrade so here it is, in all it's glory, offered up to my fellow [H]ers:

The combo includes:

CPU: Intel i7-920 (C0) SOLD
mobo: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 (w/box and all accessories) SOLD
RAM: 3x2GB OCZ 1800MHz Intel XMP Edition (runs @ 1450ish MHz at current OC) SOLD

No more combo, but the CPU and heatsink are still available:

CPU Only: $125 shipped (US only)

CPU + Thermalright TRUE: $145 shipped (The heatsink has all the 1366 mounting parts, the fan, and I sleeved and shortened the fan cable to look nice attached to the mobo.)

alstmw.jpg

kd4fhw.jpg

a4pv9d.jpg

My Heatware is Astral Abyss.

No trades please.

I have the boxes from the mobo, RAM, and heatsink if you want them.

Last edited:
sweet deal! would buy this in a second if i didnt just buy 4 3tb hdd's,,, :( This would make a sweet upgrade for my server.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back