FS: Incredible GSM phone- Samsung A717 w/video, 3G, 2MP

Craptacular

Limp Gawd
For Sale: Samsung's AT&T Flagship SGH-A717 GSM cell phone, absolutely MINT in box with all accessories. I'll even throw in a 1GB MicroSD card.

Samsung's SGH-A717 Product Detail Page

AT&T's Samsung SGH-A717 Product Detail Page

$170 shipped, only in the lower 48 States. (retail is $349)

UPDATE: two more phones will be added for sale soon. An unlocked quad-band Nokia 6230 ($40 - known as one of the fastest EDGE data phones) and an unlocked quad-band Motorola L7 SLVR ($100 - silver, box and accessories, great condition).

-----------------------------------

This phone is easily the best flip I've ever owned. Incredibly slim, but packed with features and a big beautiful QVGA screen. The RF reception is top-notch, with great sound quality and volume. Everyone talks about photo quality on the latest Sony Ericssons, but the A717 kicked the crud out of my wife's w810i snapshots with ease. I bought this after getting tired of Motorolas, and the A717 surpassed every expectation.

This package includes the phone (in flawless, like-new condition after only 1 month of absolutely minimal use - still covered under Samsung warranty), complete in retail box with the included accessories, manuals, etc. Buy this before I resort to auction and I'll throw in a 1GB MicroSD card. Plenty of room to store your music, video, photos, etc.

This is a GSM quad-band phone, ready to go with your AT&T sim card. If you have it unlocked, it's ready to go with any GSM service provider (T-Mobile, etc.), but it's a no-go if you're with a CDMA provider (Sprint, Verizon, USCellular, etc.).

FYI: Yes, this works great with the new Opera, and I had no problems adding JAR apps.

From AT&T product page:

Overview
Get music, video and more! Create crisp photos and videos on a 2MP camera and with Video Share calling capabilities. Play tunes on your music player and talk while you are listening to music. Talk hands-free with stereo Bluetooth® capabilities and download your favorite videos or music at ultra-fast 3G speeds.

Included Features
* Talk Time: Up to 4 hours
* Standby Time: Up to 10 days
* 2 MP camera with video record
* Bright 262K TFT color screen with 240x320 pixels
* Music player with multiple formats (MP3, WMA, AAC, and ACC+)
* Stereo Bluetooth® connectivity
* Cellular Video capable - stream video clips
* AT&T Music for music and more
* 3G high speed data access
* Download Music Tone ringtones, graphics & games
* Picture and Video messaging
* Video Share calling - Available in select markets
* Quad-band world phone with dual-band UMTS/HSDPA
* Instant Messaging - AOL®, Windows Live and Yahoo!® Messenger
* microSD(TM) memory slot for Picture, Video, and Music storage
* FOTA capable - upgrade firmware over the air
* Multitasking use voice and data simultaneously
* Mobile email capabilities
* Wireless internet access

Have any questions or comments? PM or contact me through my refs and I'll get right back to you.

References:
My Heatware
My Ebay Feedback
Paypal Premiere Verified

Thanks for looking!
:)

heh i might be interested..

im looking to sell my iphone (all that apple is doing to keep people from hacking it) and the lack of support for third party software aggrivates me.

Especially when they refuse to put out more first party software.. heh..

Maybe theres something else you'd want to trade etc or if you are interested in an iphone :)

heh i might be interested..

im looking to sell my iphone (all that apple is doing to keep people from hacking it) and the lack of support for third party software aggrivates me.

Especially when they refuse to put out more first party software.. heh..

Maybe theres something else you'd want to trade etc or if you are interested in an iphone :)

Here's the funny thing- I'm selling this since my wife got me an iPhone. I'm sure you would have no problem selling the iPhone, if you wanted my Samsung, and still have cash to spare.

I'm disappointed with the lack of 3rd party iPhone apps as well, but I like new toys and... it's a pretty nice gift and I don't want to insult the wife. ;)

It may lack QWERTY input and WiFi iPhone advantages, but there are a few areas where the A717 reigns over the iPhone, IMHO:
- Photo quality. The A717 kicks the living crud out of the iPhone's camera.
- Video. Excellent video quality vs. lack of video on the iPhone.
- Sound quality and reception. The A717 got signal where I've never gotten reception before.
- Bluetooth. The iPhone can use it for hands-free, period. A717 has no limitation there, and I'll really miss the ability to sync or transfer files to/from other phones via BT.
- 3rd party apps.
- Can use Micro SD cards.
- File transfer and storage.
- 3G. WiFi is nice and all, but DANG is EDGE slow on the iPhone.

Just let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

it's cool.. yeah i might have a guy locally buy my iphone for his GF... ive been having trouble finding people online that would be interested..

I'lll let you know about the a717, its a great phone from what ive heard/read

the only thing that doesnt bother me is edge.. no 3g here right now :(

the only other problem is i have a blackberry 8100 (pearl, brand new) that I'd need to sell then too lol

Back