FS: Macbook Pro 15.4" LED 2.2Ghz - Slight Problems *PicsGalore*

Hobbes874

Limp Gawd
Sort of testing the waters here. Looking to sell or trade (I'll talk about that later) my Macbook Pro. It has some small problems that I inherited from the previous owner, but I'm mainly looking to replace it with something a bit smaller. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Heatware: Hobbes874
Email: Hobbes874 (at) gmail.com
Payment: Paypal ONLY.

PRICE: Trade in progress (1-26-08).

Specs:

Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard

2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 4 MB shared L2 cache

2 GB RAM (two SO-DIMM) 677 MHz DDR2 SD-RAM (PC2-5300)

120 GB 5400 rpm Serial ATA hard drive

Slot load 8x Super Drive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)

1 FireWire 400 port, 1 FireWire 800 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports, ExpressCard/34 slot, DVI output with support for VGA

Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit); built-in 54 Mbps AirPort Extreme (802.11n); built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR

15.4-inch (diagonal), 1440 by 900 resolution, Glossy TFT LED widescreen display

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 128MB graphics processor

Includes:

Incase Nylon Sling Pack

Apple Mighty Mouse

Full copy of OSX Leopard

Two RADtech sleeves, one for the keyboard and one for the whole notebook

Pros:

EXCELLENT condition, I'm hard pressed to find a scratch on this thing.

New(ish) battery from Apple, only has 10 cycles. Holds over 3hrs of battery life easily.

Cons:

*Circled it in some pictures, the screen has an error on the left edge. Part of the backlight broke or something, I got it like this and planned on replacing it with a slightly used panel off Ebay. They run about $100-130, but with possibly two jobs and 15hrs at school this semester I'll probably not feel motivated enough to do it. It's only really noticeable on light or white backgrounds, and is pretty hard to get a picture of actually. Hasn't really bothered me so far.

*There is also a dead pixel in the bottom right corner. Didn't take a picture of it though. It is also pretty hard to notice unless you're looking for it.

*One of the latches at the top of the screen doesn't retract on its own, it still attaches fine when you close the notebook but figured it was worth mentioning.

*Backlight on the keyboard doesn't work. No idea why. Something that wasn't working when it arrived at my door also. Perhaps a loose cable or maybe it just needs a whole new keyboard....not sure.

Possible Trades:

ONLY Looking for a 13.3" or 14.1" laptop with LED backlighting.

Pics:

macbookpro_1.jpg

macbookpro_2.jpg

macbookpro_3.jpg

macbookpro_4.jpg

macbookpro_5.jpg

macbookpro_6.jpg

macbookpro_7.jpg

macbookpro_8.jpg

macbookpro_9.jpg

macbookpro_10.jpg

macbookpro_11.jpg

macbookpro_12.jpg

macbookpro_13.jpg

macbookpro_14.jpg

macbookpro_15.jpg

macbookpro_16.jpg

macbookpro_17.jpg

macbookpro_18.jpg

macbookpro_19.jpg

macbookpro_20.jpg

Wow, despite those minor blemishes, it looks like you really took care of that thing. Also, what wallpaper is that?

Back