FS: Memory, Water Cooling Parts, Heatsink, Gaming PC, etc. (a.k.a. Petra's Closet)

Petra

Gawd
Well, the time has come for me to get rid of some of the spare stuff that I have sitting around the house....

Payment: PayPal only (except for the M :rolleyes:)
Shipping: I'll ship via USPS Priority or UPS (depending on the item, cost to ship, etc) within the US only. No international shipping. All items will be shipping from the 93551 zip code and will have the shipping weight listed so that you can figure out how you want things shipped (unless a flat shipping cost is noted...or you're asking about the car).

If you have any questions about anything, just shoot me a PM... and, yes, I know I took the photos a while ago (just never got around to posting a FS thread).

-Alex

Stuff for Sale:

512MB (256MB x 2) Corsair XMS PC-2700 CAS2 (CMX256A-2700C2PT) -- $10 + $5 USPS Priority Mail Shipping
Loosen the timings a bit and it overclocks to PC-3200 without issue.
corsairDDR.jpg

Wika Instruments 0-15PSI pressure gauges (4" faces, 0.2PSI graduations, +/- 1% full-scale accuracy, glycerine filled to reduce needle jitter) -- $25 each + shipping (1 gauge = 3lb. package)
These suckers cost me about $75 each when I bought them, I used them on and off for testing for a while, and they still work great (the 1/4" barbs shown in the photo are included).
wika-pressure.jpg

Key Instruments 0.5GPM-5GPM Flowmeter w/needle valve & ghetto stand -- $45 Shipped (within the USA)
Used for testing purposes but in good condition (cost me about $100 or so new), pretty sure it's part #FR4L66BVBN (FR4500 series), +/- 3% full scale accuracy, integrated needle valve for flow control. WYSIWYG.
flowmeter.jpg

EK reservoir tops -- $4 each shipped (or you can have the box of 16 for $32 + shipping [3lb. package]) | 8 Tops Sold -- 16 Left
I really don't know what to do with these other than sell them... As you can see from the photos, these tops are made with more material than current EK reservoir tops and this was done on special request to make the enlarging and tapping of the fill hole feasible. However, the project which would have required these reservoir tops never went through... so I just have a bunch of EK reservoir tops sitting around. The good news is that they're still tapped in G1/4. **Update** Apparently these tops won't work with Eddy's version 2 (X2 or whatever they're called) reservoirs... just the original EK tube reservoirs (50mm OD tube, ~41.6mm major diameter cap thread). Figures... I have had these for a couple years.
ekResTop-close.jpg

ekResTop-box.jpg

An IHS-less socket 939 Athlon64 3000+ wired to a MAXIM MAX6655 diode reader and MAXIM SMBus interface board -- $20 shipped
Okay, this might take some explaining.... This part is from the earliest iteration of my CPU waterblock evaluation system. The MAX6655 is wired directly to the CPU pins/solder pads which connect to the A64's on-die temperature diode (one wire has broken free and will have to be resoldered), the die temperature can be monitored and calibrated against known probes when the CPU is not powered up (so, you can even pull off an ice bath calibration). The catch is that you have to modify your motherboard's CPU socket to accommodate the solder joints and wires. Sold as-is.
MAX6655ev.jpg

Swiftech MCW6002 CPU Waterblock -- $15 Shipped (within the USA)
All copper, brazed construction, and great for chiller use. This particular block was originally defective (bad braze on the base--leaked from one corner) and was somewhat shoddily repaired with 60/40 Pb/Sn solder (doesn't leak anymore, though). There's also a small gouge in the base outside of the typical CPU contact area and quite a bit of staining. WYSIWYG (block & pictured hardware (LGA775/S939/940/768/can't remember what the 3rd set is...478?)).
mcw6002-1.jpg

mcw6002-2.jpg

DangerDen RBX-775 CPU Waterblock -- $15 Shipped (within the USA)
Never used, never mounted, all hardware included (no instructions, no wye fitting), and the clear tape that DangerDen applied to the base prior to packaging has left a mark on the base (tried ArctiClean, GooGone, and my strongest copper cleaner (Weiman's Instant), and nothing would take it off). WYSIWYG.
RBX-1.jpg

RBX-2.jpg

Swiftech MCW462-UH CPU Waterblock -- $10 Shipped (within the USA)
Used for testing purposes but seems to be in good condition (I haven't checked the internals of the top), includes hardware shown (no idea if it's complete). WYSIWYG.
mcw462uh.jpg

Coolermaster Cooldrive 5.25" Bay HDD Cooler -- $20 Shipped (within the USA) | 2 Available
Unused, includes original packaging, Coolermaster part #LHD-V07-US
cooldrive.jpg

Like I said, PM me with any questions... or just ask 'em... whatever. :D

*A note for the mods* As of the end of 2009, I no longer own PTS or have anything to do with its daily operation. Thus, I'm no longer a vendor and, as such, am not in violation of the "no vendors" rule.

Stuff Sold:

D-Tek FuZion v1 CPU Waterblock (stock) w/LGA775 Pro-Mount only -- $20 Shipped (within the USA) | SOLD
Unused, unmounted condition. Only includes the LGA775 Pro-Mount hardware and nozzle kit. WYSIWYG.

Danger Den Maze 4 A64 (Socket 939/940/768) -- $10 Shipped (within the USA) | SOLD
Base is scratched up a bit and the block is stained as a result of testing. It's also missing some of its mounting hardware (knurled nuts, washers, etc.) and the o-rings on the barbs need to be replaced (they're cracking). WYSIWYG.

AquaXtreme MP-1 CPU Waterblock -- $15 Shipped (within the USA) | SOLD
Never used, never mounted, no hardware included (though, a spare set of DD TDX/RBX hardware would take care of it). WYSIWYG.

PolarFLO E-Series CPU Waterblock -- $10 Shipped (within the USA) | SOLD
Never used, never mounted, all hardware included (no instructions), 1/2" molded barbs. WYSIWYG.

Swiftech Storm v1 CPU Waterblock -- $20 Shipped (within the USA) | SOLD
Used for testing purposes but in good condition, includes hardware (pretty sure it's all there), and 1/2" EK barbs. WYSIWYG.

Danger Den TDX-Uni CPU Waterblock -- $20 Shipped (within the USA) | SOLD
Unused, unmounted condition, includes hardware (pretty sure it's all there), and accelerator plate kit. WYSIWYG.

AquaXtreme MP-1 Standalone GPU Waterblock -- $15 Shipped (within the USA) | SOLD
Never mounted but was used for flowrate/pressure drop testing--base is stained and has some minor scratches. I'm not 100% sure that all of the hardware is there (I know that a spring is missing), but you could probably substitute some Maze4 GPU/Maze5 GPU hardware to take care of things. WYSIWYG.

D-Tek FuZion v1 CPU Waterblock w/nozzle & washer mods -- $25 Shipped (within the USA) | SOLD
Used for testing purposes but in good shape (looks like there may be some Pentosin residue inside, but that should rinse out without much trouble). LGA775 Pro-Mount hardware and original Intel & AMD mounting plates included (does not include spring mount for the original plates). WYSIWYG.

Enzotech Sapphire (thin base, retail version) CPU Waterblock -- $25 Shipped (within the USA) | SOLD
Unused, unmounted condition, plastic top, includes hardware (pretty sure it's all there). WYSIWYG.

Enzotech CNB-R1 Rev. A Northbridge Heatsink -- $10 Shipped (within the USA) | SOLD
Unused condition. WYSIWYG.

XSPC Reservoir Top for Laing DDC -- $20 + shipping (1lb. package) | SOLD
Unused condition, includes hardware and original packaging.

EK Supreme CPU Waterblock -- $25 Shipped (within the USA) | SOLD
I don't recall ever mounting/using the block but I'll list it as used anyway, includes hardware (pretty sure it's all there), and 1/2" EK barbs. WYSIWYG.

Original Swiftech Apogee CPU Waterblock -- $20 Shipped (within the USA) | SOLD
Original Apogee CPU block, info is on Swiftech's site. Never mounted but it was used for flowrate/pressure drop testing and the base is stained as a result. I can clean it up some prior to shipment if you really want. WYSIWYG (block, pictured hardware (which I'm pretty sure is all of it), and 1/2" D-Tek barbs).

Silverprop Cyclone Fusion HL Standalone GPU Waterblock -- $20 + shipping (2lb. package) -or- $25 Shipped (without original packaging) | SOLD
Unused, unmounted, original hardware (double clip kit) and packaging included (this one is just missing its instructions, as I recall). I never thought I'd be selling my two spare Fusion HL blocks. Anyway, the mounting hardware is a PITA to use so I'd suggest hybridizing it with some DD hardware. The construction and quality of these blocks is absolutely outstanding--the top (including the integrated 1/2" barbs) was machined from a solid block of brass and the base is your usual milled and media blasted copper. Hit the top with some brass cleaner and it'll be pretty awesome looking.

Silverprop Cyclone Fusion HL Standalone GPU Waterblock -- $20 + shipping (2lb. package) -or- $25 Shipped (without original packaging) | SOLD
Unused, unmounted, all original hardware (double clip kit) and packaging included. I never thought I'd be selling my two spare Fusion HL blocks. Anyway, the mounting hardware is a PITA to use so I'd suggest hybridizing it with some DD hardware. The construction and quality of these blocks is absolutely outstanding--the top (including the integrated 1/2" barbs) was machined from a solid block of brass and the base is your usual milled and media blasted copper. Hit the top with some brass cleaner and it'll be pretty awesome looking.

EK GPU-NW Standalone GPU Waterblock -- $20 Shipped (within the USA) | SOLD
Unmounted, unused, and all original hardware is included (no fittings or instructions, though). WYSIWYG.

AquaXtreme MP-05 SP LE CPU Waterblock -- $15 Shipped (within the USA) | SOLD
Never mounted but was used for flowrate/pressure drop testing--base is stained and has some minor scratches. AM2 mounting plate is included. WYSIWYG (no hardware is included but, again, some DD TDX/RBX hardware will do the trick).

Early Enzotech Sapphire CPU Waterblock -- $20 Shipped (within the USA) | SOLD
This is the thick-based early version of the Enzotech Sapphire waterblock that was released in small numbers outside of the US and was provided to me by Enzotech for testing prior to the launch of the block in the US (based on the feedback Enzotech received, they thinned the base for the final version prior to launch). This block was used for testing but, overall, is in good condition. WYSIWYG.

Koolance CPU-330 CPU Waterblock -- $20 Shipped (within the USA) | SOLD
Unmounted, unused, and all original hardware is included (no fittings or instructions, though). WYSIWYG and keep in mind that the top is (nickel?) plated aluminum and the base is gold plated copper.

Swiftech MCW-60 -- $20 + shipping (Medium Flat Rate box or 2lb. package, whichever is cheaper) | SOLD
Found the block in one of my organizer drawers--from the looks of it, the block has been used (or, at the very least, mounted)... don't really know much else about it. Sold as-is.

Laing D4 pumps -- $20 each + shipping (1 pump = 2lb. package) | All 3 Pumps SOLD
Pumps were never used and, consequently, have never been powered on. Two of the three pumps have standard 4-pin molex connectors attached and the third pump has bare leads.

1GB (512MB x 2) Geil One PC-3200 CAS1.5 (GOS1GB3200DC) -- $25 + $5 USPS Priority Mail Shipping | SOLD
Stock timings for DDR400 are: 1.5-5-2-2
Manufacturer's suggested timings for DDR600: 2.5-7-4-4
As I recall, these DIMMs use Samsung TCCD chips (a quick Google can verify)

AMD OEM 4-heatpipe HSF -- $5 + shipping (2lb. package) | SOLD
HSF uses the AMD clip mount, was originally shipped with old socket 940 Opterons, is reasonably quiet when not running at full speed, cools reasonably well for an OEM HSF, I'd expect it to mount to the newer AM2/AM3 retention brackets but I have only used it with socket 939.

For Sale: 2000 BMW M Roadster | SOLD
02/2000 production date
74,404 miles currently on the odometer
BMW S52B32 3.2L Inline-6 engine
5-speed manual transmission
Limited-slip differential
Heated leather power seats
Power convertible top (cloth)
Power windows with auto-up and auto-down
Key activated central locking system
~4k miles on the Kumho Ecsta ASX tires
New Hawk High Performance Ceramic brake pads, Zimmermann brake rotors, and OEM pad wear sensors installed
No known accidents
Clean CARFAX
Clean California title in hand

Up for sale is my excellent example of a 2000 BMW E36/7 M Roadster. Purchased in 2008 with 66,742 miles on the odometer, this fantastic car is clean inside and out (surprisingly clean underneath, as well) and has been a California car for its whole life. You really have to see this car in person to truly appreciate the condition that it's in.

Included with the car are custom-cut black 40oz. nylon carpeted floor mats ($99), custom Coverking Stormproof 2-tone car cover ($359), a spare Mann oil filter kit, and whatever else I have sitting around that I feel like throwing in. :)

NADA retail for this car is $17,250 when mileage is taken into account. I'm asking $14,500 or best reasonable offer. Lots more photos and information/history can be found at http://mforsale.petrastech.com.

Last, but not least, is my gaming system... I'd prefer to sell it as a whole rather than part it out and, well, I'm concerned about shipping it so I'd also prefer to limit its sale to people in Southern California. Maybe someone will change my mind. | SOLD
Here's what's in the computer:

Case: Custom Antec P180 (see details below)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (conservatively overclocked to 3.6GHz, 36-hours tested 100% Orthos/Prime95 stable)
Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-DS3R
Memory: 4GB (2x2GB) G-Skill DDR2-1066
Video: Dual ATI HD4850 video cards running in CF (Asus branded reference cards)
Optical: LG SATA Dual-Layer DVD-/+RW with LightScribe
Power Supply: Corsair HX620
Storage: 160GB 7200RPM Maxtor SATA HDD (see details below)

Cooling:

(3) Scythe 120x25mm S-Flex SFF21D fans (8.7dBA, 150k hours MTBF, Sony fluid dynamic bearing)
(1) Scythe 120x38mm Ultra Kaze DFS123812L-1000 fan (19.81dBA, 30k hours MTBF, acting as front intake fan)
(1) D-Tek FuZion CPU waterblock w/washer mod and Scythe motherboard backplate
(1) Swiftech MCW30 chipset waterblock (cooling the P45 northbridge)
(2) Swiftech MCW60 GPU waterblocks (one cooling each HD4850 GPU)
(1) Swiftech MCRES-MICRO coolant reservoir
(1) Thermochill PA160 radiator with extended shroud
(1) Swiftech MCR120-QP radiator
(2) D-Tek dB-1 pumps running in series
Pumps resting on thermoplastic elastomer gel sheets to absorb vibration
D-Tek G1/4 thread, 3/8" OD high-flow barbs used on all components (except the PA160--G3/8 thread, 1/2" OD AquaXtreme barbs used there)
3/8" ID, 1/2" OD Tygon Norprene A-60-G tubing used throughout
Swiftech SmartCoils 500 applied to tubing to prevent kinks and improve bend radius
There's a coil of 99.9% pure silver wire in the reservoir acting as a biocide
A bunch of Enzotech ramsinks and MOSFET sinks have been applied to the video cards to keep 'em cool

Last edited:
i do not need that pump and gpu waterblock

free bump for you while i try to convince myself i dont need it

Morning bump.

The PMs that I've received so far will be answered in less than an hour.

I looked.
Nice price on those MCP-655 pumps....I am trying to convince myself I don't need a spare.:D
Yowz......1/3 of new!!!

Bumpage.

I looked.
Nice price on those MCP-655 pumps....I am trying to convince myself I don't need a spare.:D
Yowz......1/3 of new!!!

These are Laing D4 pumps (like the old Swiftech MCP650), not Laing D5 pumps (MCP655).

How much is shipped to 11418 the HSF for the Opty? BTW is that how it looks!!!??? lol

I'll think I'll take.

Pmed on a pump.
YGPM--I've marked the pump as "pending" for the time being... let me know if you're gonna pull the trigger because I have several others asking.

How much is shipped to 11418 the HSF for the Opty? BTW is that how it looks!!!??? lol

I'll think I'll take.

YGPM and, yes, that's how it really looks--it was only used for about a week.

Do like shroud + 120mm + Rad mount. YGPM on EK Top.

PM reply sent.

Petra selling water cooling stuff... I did not see this coming :p free bump
Seriously... :rolleyes:

Well, the difference this time around is that I'm selling my personal stuff and part of me is wondering if I should also sell my waterblock collection. If nothing else, I'll go through the house this evening and see what else I'd be willing to part with.

PM reply sent.

Seriously... :rolleyes:

Well, the difference this time around is that I'm selling my personal stuff and part of me is wondering if I should also sell my waterblock collection. If nothing else, I'll go through the house this evening and see what else I'd be willing to part with.

lol... I am just all butt hurt cause I missed those d4 pumps!!! :p

Morning bump... I'll be adding some more stuff to the thread this afternoon.

Waterblocks added. I still have quite a few more in my collection but I think I'm going to hang onto them for the time being... we'll see.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Do you know what gpu's the EK GPU-NW support? Can't find any information.

It'll mount up to cards with hole spacing ranging from ~57mm to ~80mm... which means that it can also handle the standard 4-hole spacing found on many cards (8800GT, HD4850, etc.) but it'll only use two of the four holes and end up at a bit of an odd angle, as shown here with an MCW60's standard 4-hole mounting plate for reference:

EKGPU-NB-mount.jpg

Obviously, you'd have to make sure that the odd angle didn't cause any clearance issues (since you could either angle toward the back of your case or the front).

Last edited:
bump for a great guy, shop, seller, will hit you up sooner than later, I need to finish my project, and a second one coming up, more tri loop goodness ;)

bump for a great guy, shop, seller, will hit you up sooner than later, I need to finish my project, and a second one coming up, more tri loop goodness ;)

Just to be clear, as I mentioned in the first post:

Petra said:
*A note for the mods* As of the end of 2009, I no longer own PTS or have anything to do with its daily operation. Thus, I'm no longer a vendor and, as such, am not in violation of the "no vendors" rule.

Thanks, though :)

Back