FS: Mini-ITX computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanK

Gawd
Hey guys and gals,

Over the summer, I put together a mini-ITX computer as a sort of fun / hobby thing. However, I've gotten pretty involved in school, and I'm short on cash, so I have to sell it. Here are a couple pictures of it:

itx1.jpg

itx2.jpg

(note: bottle not included)

Here are the specs:

case is a Cubid 3688, approx. 2.5 x 8 x 10 inches
Epia M-10000 motherboard, 1GHz Nehemiah processor (for those not familiar with it, here's a review)
256MB PC2100 DDR
20GB IBM laptop hard disk
Samsung CD-RW / DVD-ROM combo drive

It also comes with a laptop-style power brick. The system is completely ready to plug in and go.

I'm asking $600 for it, including shipping. For payment, I only want to deal with money orders. If you have any further inquiries, you can send me a PM, or email me: dankis [at] ufl [dot] edu

it would be nice if
1) your pictures actually worked
2) you posted some refs

1) My university's server is being poor right now, not much I can do about that.
2) I don't sell lots of things online, if you want to look at my eBay feedback, you can.

altho you are allowed a free range of prices here on [H]...

you are probably still going to have this computer for a while yet. had i any money (i will soon but not that much) i would consider it worth about $250-$400. set a price in that range and you will almost certainly sell.

but $600 is a bit much for such a limited system. my laptop has nearly double the cpu speed and ram size, and 1-1/2x the hdd space, it's worth $600 if it's in perfect condition. using parts from laptops4me, directron, and frozencpu, i could probably build a similar system for somewhat less.

there are ways, however, to make that thing worth much more. i will share them with you, to give you a few ideas.
- put in a faster mobo. a 3.0ghz celeron and a free tech f154 (servercase.com) will add at least $200 to the value (and it costs a little more than that to do... unless you sell that via board)
- add memory. $80 of ram will add about $100-$150 to the price people will pay.
- sell the dinky hdd (sorry... but these days 20gb in anything better than a tablet pc or a really cheap laptop is indeed dinky) and replace it with an 80gb one... this will net an additional $100 or so as well.

i do respect you and your choices, and i am not intending to insult or offend you either, i just am trying to say, as politely as possible, that i believe the price is a little bit high when compared to the actual utility of the computer itself.

again, i pretty much agree with starhawk, you are asking way too much for a 1 gig. granted it is mitx. she looks really nice, and would be perfect for my needs, but the stats are weak, and being so i wouldnt give $600 bucks for it. hell, thats a lot more than i have in my amd64 system, and it has a 2.2ghz processor, double the ram and a dvd burner.

"...the threadcrappers are strong in this thread" </vader>

just WHAT part of "crap/lowball by PM or email" do you NOT comprehend :rolleyes:

joormotha, I relplied to your email.

starhawk, since you were polite, I'll be polite as well. You seem to think that I'm trying to make a business of selling computers. I'm not. I'm trying to get back the money I have sunk into this computer, which has sat in a box in my closet for months. This isn't a normal computer, it is a very small, very quiet, very low power mini-itx system. The case dimensions are 2.5 x 8 x 10 inches, the size of a faily thick book. You could not get a 3GHz anything into that space. (The case itself cost more than $100.) You can't get a system this small with any more power than it has already. I do know the value of money (I paid around $600 for the main components in the computer in my sig), and believe me, I'm not trying to rip anyone off. In fact, if you value your time at all, the time I spent shopping all over the Internet and assembling the system (which is very difficult for a system so small) saves you money.

Thanks for the sympathy, topcat989. :)

pretty sweet looking.... I give you a bump... it'd be cool to put it in a car setup or something.... again, bump for you.

topcat989 said:
"...the threadcrappers are strong in this thread" </vader>

just WHAT part of "crap/lowball by PM or email" do you NOT comprehend :rolleyes:

Thank you!

In support of DanK, the motherboard alone is $150. Add in $35 for the RAM, $65 for the hard drive, $150 for the case and you've reached $400 so far. Now add in a DVD/CDRW combo Laptop drive and all the cables/adaptors to connect the drives to standard desktop connections. From experience the adaptor for the CD is generally $15 after shipping alone. I really don't think you're going to be able to get the remaining parts any cheaper than he's asking, especially since he's paying shipping.

DanK, bump for a man who won't give in to thread crappers.

if you're willing to part it out i'd be interested in the motherboard ;DDDDDD

bump for a cool system at a GOOD price.

starhawk, you should learn to keep your opinions to yourself. If the mods see all of the threadcrapping you do (e.g., the budget PC FS thread too), you will get some time off, possibly permanently. Secondly, do you have any idea what a mini itx system is? You can't just put a new CPU in.

BigBadBiologist said:
starhawk, you should learn to keep your opinions to yourself. If the mods see all of the threadcrapping you do (e.g., the budget PC FS thread too), you will get some time off, possibly permanently.

hehe... already been warned (once) and am actually treading rather lightly (i think)... mainly b/c i have yet to figure out exactly what threadcrapping is other than intentional badmouthing to more degree than is dignified.

:rolleyes: but:
i sincerely apologize to any readers of my last post who were offended... i simply could not resist. i don't know what came over me...

BigBadBiologist said:
Secondly, do you have any idea what a mini itx system is? You can't just put a new CPU in.

actually... there are many mini-itx systems out there that can fit a 3.2ghz p4... and i know of at least one board that can support lga775. while they are not nearly as flexible as microatx, full atx, or x-atx (not sure about the batx standard cuz i don't know the measurements) they do support 80%-90% of the capability of a full desktop or minitower computer with a respectable amount of portability.

starhawk said:
hehe... already been warned (once) and am actually treading rather lightly (i think)... mainly b/c i have yet to figure out exactly what threadcrapping is other than intentional badmouthing to more degree than is dignified.

:rolleyes: but:
i sincerely apologize to any readers of my last post who were offended... i simply could not resist. i don't know what came over me...

actually... there are many mini-itx systems out there that can fit a 3.2ghz p4... and i know of at least one board that can support lga775. while they are not nearly as flexible as microatx, full atx, or x-atx (not sure about the batx standard cuz i don't know the measurements) they do support 80%-90% of the capability of a full desktop or minitower computer with a respectable amount of portability.
More or less agree, though i've never seen an 865/875/915 board yet
servercase.com has some freetech boards that were mentioned earlier in this thread

I'll give you $200 for it just b/c I like the design...$600 is laughable man I'd get a laptop twice as fast for that much...

czech09 said:
I'll give you $200 for it just b/c I like the design...$600 is laughable man I'd get a laptop twice as fast for that much...

This is another sad instance of threadcrapping and is not appropriate for this thread. DanK has posted a fair price for his system, and if you think otherwise take it to PM's

czech09 said:
the motherboard alone is worth almost that much. if you're going to threadcrap, at least know what the hell you're talking about. Do you know how SMALL that system is?

frusturated.gif

mobo is worth ~$150.

however the limitations that are placed on the system due to the chosen motherboard, processor, and graphics system really do make his point valid.

i'm sorry, but it's not threadcrapping, it's a statement of fact.

starhawk said:
frusturated.gif

mobo is worth ~$150.

however the limitations that are placed on the system due to the chosen motherboard, processor, and graphics system really do make his point valid.

i'm sorry, but it's not threadcrapping, it's a statement of fact.

PostsTotal Posts: 1,276 (34.42 posts per day)

Someone needs a life...

i'm in college, and i'm a [H]ard|Addict... i don't have time for life.

tho it's good to see my posts per day meter getting a little closer to accurate, but i'd say it's closer to 50 posts/day.

Hey whats the graphics card in this? I like it it would fit better with my car PC mines small but not that small.

integrated via unichrome. 0.3fps in 3dmark04, i'm not kidding.

the casetronic c154 checkercube is what you are looking for for your car, you will need an inverter for your lighter socket to power the thing... it has a 60w external psu.

Yes, the integrated graphics are VIA Unichrome. It's not intended to be massively powerful in 3d; it's made to be low power. It's also one of the faster integrated chipsets out there: VIA's processors were originally designed for a 133mhz bus, and don't benefit directly from 266mhz memory; but with a DDR chipset, the CPU accesses the RAM on the top half of the clock cycle, and the integrated graphics accesses the RAM on the bottom half, so there's no performance penalty. Really a nifty and innovative way to solve that problem. It also has an integrated MPEG2 decoder, so CPU usage during DVD playback is minimal.

As for power requirements, running this computer in a car does not require an inverter, the plug in the back is a 12VDC input. You can plug this PC directly into the cigarette lighter (though I don't have the adapter to do so, it shouldn't be difficult to find). It also comes with an adapter for running off of 120VDC.

To starhawk and all the other threadcrappers: if you don't have something to say directly related to you buying this computer, don't post. At the next instance of threadcrapping, I will contact a moderator.

I have a AMD 1.4 Duron with a SATA 80gig and a Radeon 7000 64MB Card in it now, but its to big for it kind of, the system takes up behind the passanger seat.....and well....I would just like it to be smaller I love the way this looks but it has to run music videos without losing any frames in Winamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back