FS: MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandora's box

Supreme [H]ardness
I have for sale 1 MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G Video Card.

I bought three of these to do 3-way sli. However, it seems my motherboard is not playing nice with three cards installed. 2 cards it recognizes just fine, as well as each card individually, but 3 cards = only the top 2 are recognized. I do not want to replace the motherboard as it's too much hassle so I am going with 2-way sli.

Obviously the card will come in the retail box with all accessories. MSI uses serial number warranty, not based on the owner of the card, card has not been registered with MSI yet.

NO LONGER AVAILABLE, SEE LAST POST FOR INFO.

Heatware: www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=42220

Payment methods: Paypal or Google Wallet.

Last edited:
It could be that sli is very strict about how many pci-e lanes are available to the card. You need 8 for each card and I bet that last slot only has 4.

free bump

^^ I Doubt thats an issue with his Asus P8Z77 WS, As it supports 4-way 8x PCIe...
(Im a huge fan of the Asus WS line..even if I havent been able to $$$ one.)

BUMP!!!

Could you please post up some pictures of everything, specifically of the card you are selling ?

bump

VzPWL21.jpg

Last edited:
So on impulse I decided to stop by MicroCenter and pick up a AMD FX9590 CPU and a Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 motherboard. I figure this will allow me to go 3-way SLI at 8x PCI-Express speeds for each card. Yes, its a slower CPU than my 3770K but since I will be using Nvidia's new downsampling feature for pretty much every game, CPU speed should not be an issue.

So with that, the card is no longer for sale. Sorry guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back