FS my BEST Opty 146 (3.2 Ghz stable on water)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolute0

Limp Gawd
SOLD

thanks for looking :)

250$ shipped CONUS via USPS Priority 2-3day

Scales great, 3.2 Ghz Prime stable on water! Heres the scaling chart (thanks Malicious!)

chart9yz.jpg

i've gone through a lot of Operons, this is the VERY best single core that has come my way.

The stepping is
CABQE 0547GPMW with a batch 0f 0246

Here is how it ORIGINALLY looked
b0e3e689.jpg

First thing i noticed is that it ran WAY too hot, although i was able to prime at 2.94 Ghz with stock volts on the stock heatsink, load temps were 50c. My AC Freezer 64 Pro didn't change much, it was just very hot. First thing i did was lap the IHS.

lapped-IHS2.jpg

Temps still sucked so i removed it
So now this is the chip in it's current state
146-final-package.jpg

I know the duct tape isnt too pleasing to look at but i'm limited to whatever materials i can find within my dorm, so my apologies. The IHS removal procedure went well and all SMDs are intact; there is a TINY chip on one of the corners of the core but all my tests were run after that and performance/stability were unaffected.
But let me say that this CPU's IHS is horrible and more concave than any lapping can fix. Let us see how it overclocked...

All results are with the IHS removed running on my watercooling in sig

3 Ghz stock volts
d5f30672.jpg

3.1 Ghz 1.45v
df75c679.jpg

3.15 Ghz 1.52v
8cdcc07b.jpg

got it to prime at 3.2 Ghz with 1.6v
a9a8352f.jpg

Also did a 3.3 Ghz screeny with only 1.50v (only attempt)
6e94c804.jpg

As i said, a very nice single core, i would EXPECT it to run 3.1 Ghz on air and 3.15 Ghz on h20, but YMMV. With IHS on with stock heatsink and stock volts it did 2.94 Ghz prime stable. With IHS on and AC Freezer 64 Pro heatsink it did OCCT at 3.1 and 1.55v (got too hot). Ran Prime at 3.05 Ghz and 1.45v. Best results on water with IHS removed tho ;).

CPU comes as shown, IHS is included
asking $255+ shipping ANYWHERE
I take any paypal
Heat under Absolute0

bump for the fastest single core i've ever used!

partial trade for Storm G4 would be nice

that is unreal .. i can't wait until i can afford one of these .. hope of these days they come down sub 200 ..

free bump

mal

don't be a thread crapper .. it's worth every penny and i've seen these week 47s go for more than the OP is asking..

the new one's are less yes but are they garunteed to do 3ghz on air .. hardly

He's asking a premium bec it's a great(understatement) sample.

as far as it being mangled well .. i consider a clean IHS removal a favor and you should too if you know the risks involved..

malicious said:
don't be a thread crapper .. it's worth every penny and i've seen these week 47s go for more than the OP is asking..

the new one's are less yes but are they garunteed to do 3ghz on air .. hardly

He's asking a premium bec it's a great(understatement) sample.

as far as it being mangled well .. i consider a clean IHS removal a favor and you should too if you know the risks involved..

wow, whats up with you? are you his over protective little brother?

anyway....

nice chip, what else are you looking to trade for? :p

Hey, i appreciate Malicious helping... yes it's above retail, but do you really think you can order a retail chip that can do this? Good frigging luck. Right now there's 0602 and 0604 crap mostly CAB2E and CACJE and they are NOT clocking this high. As Mal mentioned, week 47 is one of the best SD core weeks, and this is the very best Opteron out of 5 week 47s. It is a gem.

As for trades, i'm open minded, tell me what you've got - mostly looking for watercooling stuff tho.

Here are a few older pictures to show off this cpu

And of course, right when i first got the cpu (way before i touched the IHS)
2.94 Ghz stock volts and stock AMD heatsink (the crappy one, not heatpipe!)
3ca32588.jpg

This was with IHS on (before i had removed it) with AC Freezer 64 Pro aircooling
c09609ef.jpg

I've also got screenshots of OCCT @ 3.1 Ghz with 1.55v on air with 51c load...

The price isn't that bad. It's got no tax and CONUS shipping is 5$. I ship USPS Priority. I mailed a CPU to a guy in Florida on Thursday and he got it today so it's pretty fast... and i've got this thing sitting in the box ready to go.

I can't believe that some people would spend more on a 3700+/Opteron 148/Opteron 150/4000+ cpu when i've got this sitting here looking for a good home :confused:

bump

Best opteron out of 5 0547GPMWs! The very weakest of which did 3 Ghz... it's a good week, when you take 5 and extract the best, you get one of the better 146s ever...

ba ba ba baadada....

255$ shipped conus usps priority
I have sold worse clocking cpus for more :eek:

uhmmm 250$ shipped CONUS

No one takes this i'm closing the thread and giving it to XS cheap lol...

Holy crap malicious you made a chart for me lol. I should hire you as a sales rep :D
Thanks

Price is low, grab a high-hitting single core!

bump for your sweet chip, if I was looking for an opty i'd be all over it! over retail or not, its a great hand picked chip people! btw I have an 0602 (CAB2E 0602DPGW) and mine isnt crap:D
Up to 2.85 and that was with 1.45 I havent put any more volts in it but I am sure if I did it will go higher. Maybe I got lucky with this chip though. I'm really thinking about getting a water coolin' setup though with my tax refund.

Yeah so currently it's "pending" to a guy but he didn't contact me all yesterday, as far as i know it's still open until he gets back to me and pays, i can't reserve it indefinitely for him.

So if you're interested shoot me a PM and i'll give him another day to get back to me and after that it falls to the next dude in line.

man i'd love to buy your cpu, im actually looking for one right now but damn it seems to have been through alot of rapage on those pics.

It's actually in good condition. So it's got a little glue around the edges... that will come off easily.

And no one will be complaining about it when it's in a computer running 3.2 Ghz.

You can't just buy a 3.2 Ghz processor like this at a store. As i've said countless times, this is the best of 5 Opteron 146/148s from one of the best weeks. If you order a new one, it won't be this good. And if it is, come forward and show some results to the contrary.

Anyone with a better 146 come forward! lol...

Trades.. not really. Would you seriously trade a 165 for this? lol.

haha i agree its pretty kick ass though

you looking for trades? like say a 165? raptor? 480 red enermax coolergiant? Hitachi 250GB 7k250 PATA? 1gb G.Skill GBGH Bh5 DDR500 2-2-2? 500GB(2x250) raid 0 sata :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back