FS: New Dual Xeon server, 6GB FBDIMM, RAID

OutKlast

Weaksauce
I have this new server that I assembled and was going to use as a web-server/game server at a co-location facility but I didn't get it up in running before I started this semester again. I just don't have the time to work on it while I'm going to school (Managerial Accounting), trying to start my photography business (the reason for the server) and somewhere inbetween having a pinch of social life and I'm having surgery at the end of this semester so I won't have time to work on it again until July or so of next year.

EDIT (Having trouble with my email): Please email me at mrraisedaroof [at] yahoo.com

This thing is new ran only a few days while I was working on it.

I'd be willing to sell it in 2 forms, Complete or "Atkins version; meat only no bun".

-----------------
Complete would be:

Antec 4U rackmount case (black) with 550w Antec PSU
Supermicro X7DVL-E Motherboard
2 x Xeon 5050 3Ghz (Dual Core; 4 physical, 8 logical CPU's)
6 x 1gb FBDIMM DDR2 Kingston memory w/heatspreaders
Areca ARC 1210-x8 PCI-E raid card can do (RAID 0/1/10/3/5/6) (Linux compatible, my reason for buying it)
3 x 80gb Hitatchi SATA 3GB/s drives

My total cost on this ran: $2,589.14, I'd let it go as a package for $2,400

---------------------

Or I'd sell it as a "Atkins diet" version including

Supermicro X7DVL-E Motherboard
2 x Xeon 5050 3Ghz dual core
6 x 1gb FBDIMM DDR2

For $1,800

----------------------

It is fully assembled as the first version shown and runs a CentOS base install with Vmware and runs 5 virtual machines when its running without even showing a peep on the memory or CPU usage (4 different linux versions and 1 Win2k).

It is built to run intense applications in particular Virtual machines, the 4 physical 8 logical CPU let VM's run heavy loads without affecting others; FBDIMM memory allows better multiple access points so that VM's can read/write faster without bumping into each other and the RAID 5 gives excellent random read times like one might experience with a VM.

What do you guys think on the price and my chances of selling it reasonably whole? I'd prefer not to break it up.

Pics:

01.jpg

03.jpg

References:

I come from Sharky's Forums http://www.sharkyforums.com/showthread.php?t=290976

I have some heatware from a long while ago all positive.

Ebay: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=therealoutklast

And I've bought/sold a lot especially recently on Fredmiranda.com (Digital Photography).

I actually woulden't mind a local pick up of this item (South Florida) as it is heavy around 50-60lbs.

Let me know if you come down in price on some of this stuff. The $100 savings over newegg aren't worth it to me, but if you change your prices let me know. Thanks.

this is sweet... would be a great media server..... hmmm if i only had $2000

You can PM me or Email me an offer if you like at Sharkys the title included the term price-check because I don't know what a fair price is but thats not allowed over here. (Shocking a new member actually read the rules isn't it. :D ). It's around $190 savings over newegg right now and the FB-DIMM memory is still mad expensive.

Froogle search of memory price: http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=1GB+Kingston+FB-DIMM&btnG=Search+Froogle

Cheapest is around $190 per 1gb; Almost $1200 in memory as its FB-DIMM ECC the best.

*drools* sorry, i dont have that kind of cash lying around.

starbuck8968 said:
Have you tried 2CPU forums? Much better chance selling it there than here.

http://forums.2cpu.com/

That one? I don't see a for sale section on it.

No big spenders over here? This would be a lan party beast. 4 x 64man BF2 servers without breaking a sweat.

DMarti said:
Looking for anything in trade?

Not a whole lot but I could probably do a partial trade for another computer case/nice video card 7900gtx or higher. Edit: And maybe if the price was right a conroe system. I have an overclocked 3700+ now that does me well along with 2gb of high speed Gskill memory so it would have to better that by a bit.

Back