FS: Opteron 148 CABNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnuspah

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi all,

I have an opteron 148 (939pins) CABNE core 0528GPMW with batch ending G50124 for sale.

Here is the whole story of this thing:
A while ago, I removed the IHS (lid). However, since the temperature did not decrease and I noticed that during bootup, instead of showing 148 in the bootup screen, the chip would show 1B2. Since I was in the middle of writing my thesis proposal, I figure that that is not something I wanted to deal with. So, I reattached the lid and crazy glue the lid to make sure it sticks. Of course, the 1B2 problem still persisted. To ensure that my statistical calculations for my animal studies are sound, I immediately ordered another opteron 148 (OEM) from monarch, which by the way was a good send as it was another cabne core. That is the opteron I have been working with since then.
Now that all thesis work is in a lull, I decided to take out the old opteron 148 with the 1B2 initial post problem and test it. To my amazement, it still works fine. It will run at 2917Mhz prime stable (6hours+ using prime blend) at 1.52V using watercooling with DFI SL-DR motherboard and gskill extreme PC4000 2GB kit. However, it will not go further than that. Loading temp is around 49-51C at 25C ambient temperature.

Due to the fact that the lid has been removed and reattached and the 1B2 instead of 148 showing up in the bios, I am selling this chip at
SOLD and SHIPPED 2/8

It comes with its original retail box and retail heatsink/fan. I will guarantee that it will arrive non-doa or a full refund.

Feel free to drop offers.
My heat is: magnuspah
my ebay eval: pah97001

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back