FS: P4 2.4C, IC7, ATI 9700/9800 pro, MORE

desultadox

Limp Gawd
Intel Pentium 4 2.4C HT: 800MHz Front-Side Bus. Hyper-Threading technology. This is the legendary processor which answerred overclockers' prayers. I had run this particular chip up to 3.6GHz stable, but for most of its life it was running at 3GHz to keep a 1:1 ratio with my memory (see below). This processor supports Hyper-Threading technology, the poor man's dual-core. Asking $40 shipped.

Built by ATI Radeon 9700 Pro: The card that put ATI on the map. AGP 8X. This one is fully equipped with Arctic Cooling's VGA Silencer (and Arctic Silver 5) so it runs cool and quiet. Also quite an overclocker. I had gotten it up past Radeon 9800 Pro speeds without even flashing the BIOS to Radeon 9800 Pro (which you can easily do). I ran DOOM 3 at 1024x768 with High settings on this baby and it ran pretty smoothly (just had long load times). Asking $50 shipped.

Built By ATI Radeon 9800 Pro: The 9700's daddy. AGP 8X. This card was only used for a short amount of time, but I remember it was capable of overclocking pretty well. Obviously this card is everything the 9700 was and more! Asking $70 shipped.

OCZ PC3700 Gold 2x 256 (512MB Total) dual channel: The fastest memory of its time. Under the sleek gold plated heatspreaders are some of the fastest memory chips ever manufactured for DDR. I got these things to run at DDR500 Memtest stable. I believe their timings at DDR400 are 2-3-3-6. They were quite easily reaching the theoretical limits of the Pentium 4's memory bandwidth. Asking $40 shipped.

Abit IC7: The king of socket 478 motherboards. This beast propelled my P4 2.4C up to 3.6GHz stable. It features the Intel i875 chipset. It has 4 DDR slots and 5 PCI slots, plus an AGP 8X slot. It has AC '97 onboard audio, onboard LAN, plenty of USB ports ... everything you'd expect from a high-performance board (and Abit, back when they were awesome). The northbridge fan only works when it wants to, but that hasn't caused any problems for me. Asking $80 shipped.

Antec TrueBlue 480W: This was likely Antec's best power supply. It sports a full 480W and has blue LED fans. This is a 20-pin PSU, but that didn't stop it from powering up my DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra which specifically mandates a 24-pin PSU. This thing is quiet, powerful, and stable. Asking $30 shipped.

Seagate Baracuda IDE 80GB HD: 7200 RPM, 8MB cache. This model has that rubber guard around the HD to keep it silent. Asking $20 shipped.

Raidmax case: Like an older version of their Mustang case. It comes with a front 80mm fan, a top 80mm fan, 2 rear 80mm fans, and a side 80mm fan, all LED. The plastic panel covering the front USB/audio ports broke off (I never liked it anyway). Asking $35 shipped.

Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu: Full copper flower-design with 92mm fan. Very quiet and very cool. This HSF assisted me in taking the 2.4C up to 3.6GHz stable. 478/939 compatible. Asking $25 shipped.

I'd be glad to sell over the whole lot assembled with the video card of your choice (9700 pro w/ vga silencer or stock 9800 pro) plus a CD-burner and maybe a floppy drive for $300 shipped.

Also:

Gateway VX700 monitor: 17" CRT beige cabinet. your standard CRT monitor, pretty much. Asking $75 shipped.

Thank you for your time, hope you all find something you like!

I built pretty much the exact same system in 2003. Ah, I miss those days - 800 MHz FSB and all was so new and exciting.

Bump for old times. :)

aah ...*sniff* .. I remember my 2.4c on my old abit modded IC7 @ 3.6ghz at default voltages in my old vapochill ....*sniff* ...good times those were ..

:p

Mizugori said:
yeah i've been asking about that hdd for several days, no answer.
well he just posted in a thread this morning about 11am'ish , so he's been around...
:confused:

Back